Start a hangout
62 followers|6,854 views
Works at Compass Group North America Foodservice
Attended Harvard Business School
62 followers|6,854 views
Advertising, B-to-B Marketing, Branding, Business Development, Communications, Competitive Strategy, Consumer Marketing, Digital Marketing, Direct Marketing, E-Commerce, Market Research, Negotiation, Product Development, Public Relations, Retail, Sales, Social Media and Team Building. Award-winning marketer in the food & beverage and cable television industries.
- Compass Group North America FoodserviceVice President, Marketing, 2010 - presentLead the development and implementation of marketing strategies and programs for Chartwells Higher Education Dining Services, a division of Compass Group serving 220+ college and university accounts. Expanded culinary offerings by deploying popular national quick service restaurant brands on college campuses, including Au Bon Pain, Burger King, Jamba Juice, Starbucks and Subway. Drove retail foodservice traffic by 50% and check average by 29% with the introduction of retail optimization marketing and merchandising training. Grew Web site revenues by 49%, page views by 333% and unique visitors by 397% via social media, mobile applications, content enhancements and expanded functionality. Raised guest service scores 8% by implementing the YouFirst guest service platform. Garnered incremental media exposure by launching Chartwells’ digital magazine, with above-average open rates of 37% and click rates of 56%. Provided Chief Executive Officer with multi-media content for board meetings and officer presentations.
- West Virginia UniversityFaculty Member, 2008 - 2014Instruct and mentor graduate students as an adjunct faculty member for the country’s first online master’s degree program in Integrated Marketing Communications. Selected to develop brand equity management and sports marketing course curricula.
- Fox Cable Networks IncVice President, Sales and Marketing, 2004 - 2007Oversaw affiliate sales and marketing for 17 cable television networks, including Fox Sports en Espanol, Fox Soccer Channel, Fox College Sports, FX and National Geographic Channel. Retained $271 million in annual revenue by negotiating 100% of regional contract renewals for the Fox Sports Net West, Prime Ticket, Northwest and Arizona regional sports networks. Delivered $27 million in new revenue through the negotiation and sale of Major League Baseball and Basketball game packages to cable distributors. Advanced client relationships through co-branded marketing, including cable acquisition direct mail campaigns with response rates as high as 4.5% and direct sales events with results as high as 775% over business-as-usual.
- Cox CommunicationsVice President, Marketing, 2004 - 2004Served as interim Marketing Vice President for Cox’s 267,000-sub New Orleans operation. Fueled operating cash flow and customer growth for all product lines through the management of a team of acquisition, retention and product development professionals.
- Cox CommunicationsDirector, Web Marketing & E-Commerce, 2001 - 2004Led Web strategy and development teams to create and execute strategies that transformed Cox.com into the company's fastest-growing sales and retention channel. Grew site visits to surpass call center calls by 30%. Improved direct mail response rates while dramatically reducing expenses through innovative electronic campaigns, including cable acquisition email campaigns to high speed Internet-only customers (4.4% response) and Web-only high speed Internet campaigns (as high as 10.3% response). Bolstered customer referral results by launching the “Share the Happiness” viral marketing program with monthly response rates as high as 41%. Strengthened customer retention by introducing online sign-up for Cox’s EasyPay recurring payment and retention program, responsible for 80% of the company’s total monthly EasyPay connects.
- Cox CommunicationsBrand Manager, 1995 - 2001Formulated branding, product, promotion, pricing and placement strategies for each of the Premium Channel, Pay-Per-View, Cox Long Distance by Frontier and Cox affinity credit card product lines. Achieved response rates as high as 150% through targeted mail campaigns and direct sales strategies. Assisted Chief Executive Officer and Chief Operating Officer with special projects.
"Building High-Performance Teams that Deliver High-Performance Brands."
Greetings! I am a seasoned marketing leader and strategist with over twenty years of sales, marketing, e-commerce and business development experience. The high-performing teams I've developed boast a track record of achieving unprecedented response rates and exceeding aggressive revenue targets. They've built brand equity, expanded market share and driven shareholder value for Fortune 500 companies.
Authored "Classic Knitwear and Guardian: A Perfect Fit?" for Harvard Business Publishing
- Harvard Business SchoolMBA, General Management, 1993 - 1995
- Trinity CollegeEconomica, 1985 - 1989