- The Asia Digital Life ProjectFounder, Editorial Director, 2014 - presentFounder, producer, and chief editor for AsiaDigitalLife.com, a cross-platform, multimedia resource dedicated to examining the many changes new Internet and digital technologies are bringing about for citizens and societies in Asia. I produce daily content for a dedicated website/blog, a Facebook page, a Twitter feed, and an audio podcast at Soundcloud.com.
- RMIT UniversityLecturer, 2014 - presentWithin RMIT's Professional Communications program, I've developed and delivered several practice-based courses examining new and emergent digital media cultures in Asia, with a particular focus on the social and behavioral impact of the Internet and related technologies on Asian contexts and subcultures.
- RMIT VietnamUniversity Lecturer, 2008 - 2014Winner of RMIT's Vietnam’s 2012 Award for Excellence in Teaching | Developed and delivered six Professional Communications courses for RMIT’s Centre of Communication & Design, including Asian Cybercultures, Theories of Communication & Persuasion, Media & Social Relations, Public Relations Writing for the Media, Negotiating Transnational Agreements, and Visual Language
- Vietnam Vespa AdventuresCommunications and Social Media Manager, 2007 - 2011Co-founder of boutique tour provider Vietnam Vespa Adventures, providing tours of Saigon and coastal Vietnam on vintage Vespa scooters.
- Charleston City PaperManaging Editor, 2002 - 2007Oversaw and directed editorial content for the award-winning weekly alternative newspaper the Charleston City Paper in Charleston, SC
- Digital:ConvergenceDeployment & Marketing Manager, 2000 - 2001Managed the national, regional and local deployment of proprietary technology for a multimillion-dollar media print-to-web tech company with the directors of some of the U.S.’s largest publications, including Forbes, Wired, Parade, Family Circle, Parents, Rosie, YM, and Gear.
Here’s What a Beer Will Cost You, From Kiev to Geneva
Not all beers are equal—and neither are their prices.
This Real-Time Projected CGI Makeup Is Beautiful And Terrifying | TechCr...
CGI has come a long way - from simulating Jar Jar Binks on the silver screen to replacing green screens with King's Landing. Today, we shoul
9 Ways to Become More Creative in the Next 10 Minutes
Creativity is developed; it's not a birthright.
Vietnamese Hipsters Reveal The Power of Internet and Globalization
With such an eagerness to embrace American style, trends and culture, I hope Vietnam's youth remember that they have just as much to offer a
‘Am I Pretty?’ Videos Posed to the Internet, Raise Questions
As a generation raised on YouTube and iPhones enters middle school, questions of self-esteem are increasingly being posed to anyone on the I
Baby Deer Enjoying Belly Rubs Cries in Protest Every Time Worker Tries t...
A baby deer enjoying belly rubs cries in protest every time a Kentucky powerline worker tries to set him down. Justin Lewis and a friend had
The easy scientific method to make foolproof eggs Benedict
The chef of the Waldorf Hotel created the Eggs Benedict in 1894 when a customer asked for buttered toast, poached eggs, crisp bacon and a ho
Internet helps Vietnamese movies dodge censorship - News VietNamNet
Netizens have been talking about the film "Apartment 69," which is rated by its own producer as 18 +. The first 20-minute episode was releas
Good Food - The Age Good Food Under $30 award winners 2014
Here are this year's award winners in The Age Good Food Under $30 guide.
One Messaging App, Internet Optional. And Hold The Censorship, Please.
Since its launch less than two weeks ago, FireChat has been called a SnapChat and Whisper hybrid or something between SnapChat and Chatroule