How important is tiny little South Korea to Western gaming developers? More than you might think. When the much-anticipated "Witcher 3" video game was released from Polish developer CD Projekt Red yesterday to gamers all over the world, the company was backpedaling right away over its lack of promised Korean language support, as gamers there took to the Internet to voice their anger.
1. A move from messaging on smartphones to voice chat
2. More and more "snackable" video content
3. China's Xiaomi smartphones will continue disrupting the smartphone market (Apple's & Google's plans for it)
4. The rapid uptake up 4G mobile networks, which will makes allof the above even more relevant for 2015 and beyond
In Indonesia, officials are shocked - shocked! - to find that not only are piracy websites hugely popular, but most of the ads on them are for computer malware, gambling and pornography.
- The Asia Digital Life ProjectFounder, Editorial Director, 2014 - presentFounder, producer, and chief editor for AsiaDigitalLife.com, a cross-platform, multimedia resource dedicated to examining the many changes new Internet and digital technologies are bringing about for citizens and societies in Asia. I produce daily content for a dedicated website/blog, a Facebook page, a Twitter feed, and an audio podcast at Soundcloud.com.
- RMIT UniversityLecturer, 2014 - presentWithin RMIT's Professional Communications program, I've developed and delivered several practice-based courses examining new and emergent digital media cultures in Asia, with a particular focus on the social and behavioral impact of the Internet and related technologies on Asian contexts and subcultures.
- RMIT VietnamUniversity Lecturer, 2008 - 2014Winner of RMIT's Vietnam’s 2012 Award for Excellence in Teaching | Developed and delivered six Professional Communications courses for RMIT’s Centre of Communication & Design, including Asian Cybercultures, Theories of Communication & Persuasion, Media & Social Relations, Public Relations Writing for the Media, Negotiating Transnational Agreements, and Visual Language
- Vietnam Vespa AdventuresCommunications and Social Media Manager, 2007 - 2011Co-founder of boutique tour provider Vietnam Vespa Adventures, providing tours of Saigon and coastal Vietnam on vintage Vespa scooters.
- Charleston City PaperManaging Editor, 2002 - 2007Oversaw and directed editorial content for the award-winning weekly alternative newspaper the Charleston City Paper in Charleston, SC
- Digital:ConvergenceDeployment & Marketing Manager, 2000 - 2001Managed the national, regional and local deployment of proprietary technology for a multimillion-dollar media print-to-web tech company with the directors of some of the U.S.’s largest publications, including Forbes, Wired, Parade, Family Circle, Parents, Rosie, YM, and Gear.
This Real-Time Projected CGI Makeup Is Beautiful And Terrifying | TechCr...
CGI has come a long way - from simulating Jar Jar Binks on the silver screen to replacing green screens with King's Landing. Today, we shoul
9 Ways to Become More Creative in the Next 10 Minutes
Creativity is developed; it's not a birthright.
Vietnamese Hipsters Reveal The Power of Internet and Globalization
With such an eagerness to embrace American style, trends and culture, I hope Vietnam's youth remember that they have just as much to offer a
‘Am I Pretty?’ Videos Posed to the Internet, Raise Questions
As a generation raised on YouTube and iPhones enters middle school, questions of self-esteem are increasingly being posed to anyone on the I
Baby Deer Enjoying Belly Rubs Cries in Protest Every Time Worker Tries t...
A baby deer enjoying belly rubs cries in protest every time a Kentucky powerline worker tries to set him down. Justin Lewis and a friend had
The easy scientific method to make foolproof eggs Benedict
The chef of the Waldorf Hotel created the Eggs Benedict in 1894 when a customer asked for buttered toast, poached eggs, crisp bacon and a ho
Internet helps Vietnamese movies dodge censorship - News VietNamNet
Netizens have been talking about the film "Apartment 69," which is rated by its own producer as 18 +. The first 20-minute episode was releas
Good Food - The Age Good Food Under $30 award winners 2014
Here are this year's award winners in The Age Good Food Under $30 guide.
One Messaging App, Internet Optional. And Hold The Censorship, Please.
Since its launch less than two weeks ago, FireChat has been called a SnapChat and Whisper hybrid or something between SnapChat and Chatroule
The Hard Truth About How the Facebook News Feed Works Now
This post originally appeared in Business Insider. In December, Facebook changed the way it selects the stories and updates you see in the N
COLUMBIA, SC: At peak, more than 230,000 SC customers without power | Lo...
First snow, then sleet, now ice. All eyes are on trees and power lines as winter storm woes intensify.