Your Google+ profile is a place for you to share your passions with the millions of people who come to Google each day. Whether you're a clothing brand showing off your latest fashions (google.com/+hugoboss), an athlete talking about the game (google.com/+davidbeckham), or an actor recalling a favorite role (google.com/+hughjackman), your Google+ profile helps you connect with the people who share your interests. Today we’re introducing custom URLs to make it even easier for people to find your profile on Google+.
A custom URL is a short, easy to remember web address that links directly to your profile or page on Google+. For instance, can now use google.com/+toyota to unveil their latest models, can share her upcoming appearances at google.com/+britneyspears, can share game trailers and videos at google.com/+assassinscreed, and can help travellers find great deals at google.com/+delta.
Custom URLs will also be available to people and pages worldwide, so brands like Globo can point readers to google.com/+epoca, or any of their other Brazilian publications.
At first, we’re introducing custom URLs to a limited number of verified profiles and pages. But over time we plan to offer custom URLs to many more brands and individuals, so please stay tuned!
1. Create A Killer Hovercard: goo.gl/ifDhJW
2. Sharing to Circles vs. Publicly: goo.gl/1qr0YO
3. Google+ Communities: goo.gl/NC21Ly
4. Share Your G+ Posts on Other SM : goo.gl/QeefiD
5. Report Issues With G+ or Suggest Ideas: goo.gl/FywX2c
6. Create A "Save For Later" Circle: goo.gl/PmBRWf
7. Add A Large Image To Your Post: goo.gl/lVr3yj
8. The Various G+ Keyboard Shortcuts : goo.gl/7BaxMs
9. Share Someone Else's G+ Post : goo.gl/DYJo3U
10. Create A Mini Blog on G+: goo.gl/zEVIOM
11. Host A Google+ Hangout: goo.gl/2P0n0Q
12. Leave A Wake of Value-Add In Your Path: goo.gl/lpCzaD
13. Take Control Of Your G+ Notifications: goo.gl/WHU0p3
14. SEO Your Google+ Posts: goo.gl/oYb6J1
15. How To Find Things On G+: goo.gl/rY18uQ
16. Formatting For Beautiful, Engaging Posts: goo.gl/mnfP5d
17. How To Disable Comments & Shares: goo.gl/Bkc6Mp
18. Attract More Comments With Gifs & Image Posts: goo.gl/VGcNhl
19. Start A Conversation With Someone : goo.gl/VXOVmy
20. Create An Event Using G+: goo.gl/IUFmlP
21. Enable Automatic Hash-tagging: goo.gl/MuoV9h
22. Don’t Give Up At The First Hurdle: goo.gl/2zdPQ8
23. The Benefits of Link Shorteners: goo.gl/pwfGXo
24. Understanding Ripples & Using Them To Your Advantage: goo.gl/Z47kxp
25. What Not To Do On G+ (Part 1): goo.gl/IdP51J
26. Edit Posts - Did You Know You Could Do That?: goo.gl/aFsKU9
27. Choose The Best Link Thumbnail For Your Post: goo.gl/wXTSh4
28. Start Building Your Author Rank: goo.gl/4427P3
29. Link G+ To Your Content With Authorship Tags: goo.gl/Rn4GGJ
30. Curate & Streamline Circles for Awesome News Streams: goo.gl/e8lNhh
31. Use Eye-Grabbing Headlines: goo.gl/p45IPK
32. Use Google Drive With Google+: goo.gl/zpwHHC
33. Track Circle Shares With CircleCount: goo.gl/TXfe2j
34. Be Awesome With AutoAwesome: goo.gl/Inq2bX
35. Build Your Following By Watching Hangouts: goo.gl/Rjgrhi
36. Overcome Difficulties With Plus-Mentioning People: goo.gl/nQsT9T
37. Write Posts That People Are Actually Looking For: goo.gl/D8NwGh
38. Use ‘The Google+ Effect’ To Improve Your Twitter Experience: goo.gl/hLE1Ia
39. Learn How To Use Images Appropriately & Legally: goo.gl/D3dzCc
40. Learn To Schedule Posts With : goo.gl/1BUcrN
41. Build A Community Around Your Passion: goo.gl/IsFrHg
42. Optimise Your Profile/Page/Community For Search: goo.gl/YMblJF
43. Share Beyond Your Circles & GPlussers: goo.gl/ryHWHQ
44. Blocking & Muting People - As Simple As It Sounds?: goo.gl/wqsXnN
45. Extend The Life Of Your Best Posts: goo.gl/tGw9g7
46. Merge Multiple Google+ Profiles Together: goo.gl/sRKzp8
47. Using Your About Tab More Effectively: goo.gl/sNqUDQ
48. Posting Multiple Photos Per Post: goo.gl/sM32aP
49. Use Google+ ...Every Day: goo.gl/fS0tIq
50. What Not To Do On Google+ (Part 2): goo.gl/3ahoO4
1 - There are no user-initiated actions that can be taken at the moment to request a different url than the one that has been offered to you. For more general information about custom urls, please read this article: https://support.google.com/plus/answer/2676340 before posting questions in the community .
2. Please do not change your name or page in hopes of receiving a different custom url. This will not work.
3. If you're unhappy with the state of things, please submit feedback. This is the best way for us to receive feedback on this issue, we may determine any necessary updates to this process but can not guarantee any changes.
Check out this Google+ Tip of the week to submit feedback: http://goo.gl/O08n18
First create a custom.css file with all of your customizations and FTP it up to your child theme. Then use the code in this Gist to add the stylesheet to the front of the site: https://gist.github.com/ChrisCree/6389134
Just make sure you keep a copy of your latest custom.css file on your local computer. Then when you update the child theme you can just FTP up your custom.css file, add the function back in and rock and roll!
- Chiropractic Marketing WebsitesOwner, present
After selling his practice, Dr. MacNamara has concentrated entirely on teaching chiropractors the importance of Internet marketing. His focus includes blog consulting, blog marketing, email marketing, Internet marketing, social media consulting, social media marketing, and social media training.
He’s been featured in the Dynamic Chiropractic, DC Practice Insights and Chiropractic Economics.
If you’re a chiropractor looking for a turn-key solution to Internet marketing, checkout Chiropractic Marketing Websites.
App Developer for Chiropractors
Dr. MacNamara’s passion for new technologies also lead him into app development. He joined Apple’s iOS Developer Program in 2010 and launched Chiropractic Apps in 2011.
Today, Chiropractic Apps focuses on developing iOS and Android apps for chiropractors.
Web Designer for Chiropractors
WordPress Consultant for Chiropractors
Dr. MacNamara has over 10 years of experience working with WordPress and has helped hundreds of chiropractors from around the world get started with its platform.
Even though he’s experienced with other Content Management Systems (aka CMS) like Drupal and Joomla, his absolute favorite is WordPress. Matter of fact, it’s his tool-of-choice when customizing websites for chiropractors.
So if you’re considering WordPress but don’t know where to start, please feel free to contact him. He’ll work tirelessly for you to provide the service and support you demand without breaking the bank.
Last but certainly not least, Dr. MacNamara is a sought after speaker. He travels extensively across the U. S. speaking on the same topics you’ll find here at Next Generation Chiropractor.
If your event, organization, or state association is looking for a speaker who can provide relevant and up-to-date information on the aforementioned, then take the next step by visiting his Speaking page.
- Logan College of ChiropracticDoctor of Chiropractic, 1998