- Wharton School of the University of PennsylvaniaPhD Accounting, 2005
- University of California, BerkeleyMasters Financial Engineering, 2002 - 2003
- Georgia State UniversityMasters of Actuarial Science, 1998 - 1999
- University of FloridaBS/BA Math/Stats, 1992 - 1997
- Eastside High SchoolInternational Baccalaureate Program, 1988 - 1992
- TruliaSr Director of Analytics, 2014 - present
- TruliaDirector of Analytics, 2013 - 2014
- Mellmo/RoambiSr Product Manager, Data Scientist, 2012 - 2013•Led development as well as developed/patented novel product in mobile business intelligence •Market research and analysis of competitive landscape as well as key individuals to target for team • Product development in R, storyboarded user experience for graphic design team, created technical specs for engineering team, solicited and incorporated user/client feedback into product life cycle •Worked with generic and unstructured datasets as well as Salesforce data •Weekly presentations and ad hoc analysis for executives, reporting directly to founders
- Google/YouTubeRevenue Team in charge of YouTube product, 2011 - 2012•Key interface for Google on YouTube revenue and monetization •Modeled YouTube revenue in R using ARIMA models to determine the annual plan and budget of YouTube at the daily level by page, adserver, region, subregion, country, sales channel, etc at the aggregate level • Data cleaning and preparation of data using R with data gathered using SQL and Tenzing •Set sales quotas via similar modeling in conjunction with input and feedback from sales finance business partners •Presentations to execs and business partners weekly including leading meetings for cross-functional groups across product, sales finance, accounting, monetization, etc. •Performed ad hoc analysis and ran meetings on a daily basis and deep dives with accounting to improve the accuracy of forecasting gross revenue •Led annual budget determination with long-term driver model, simplifying technical work and incorporating business partner intuition •Created and managed automated jobs for YouTube performance reporting by segments
- Northern TrustVP, Credit Policy, 2009 - 2011•Created, implemented, maintained, improved credit risk models for entire company covering $30B in exposures in mortgage, CRE, public, private, insurance, funds, healthcare, sovereign, and not for profit portfolios to prepare bank for Basel II parallel run •Spearheaded, managed, and implemented credit risk modeling for our mutual and fund of hedge funds portfolios with successful company-wide launch •Managed recalibration of all models while soliciting and incorporating all stakeholders views along with full documentation for internal use and major regulators •Lead quantitative model expert for Credit Policy department as well as key advisor and educator for business partners on all quantitative and technical matters regarding credit risk modeling •Managed an Asst VP in charge of Credit Data for Northern Trust and a VP in charge of Credit Risk Reporting for Northern Trust •Lead instructor for internal ongoing quant modeling seminar series for all other risk department quants •Valued leader and resident quantitative modeling expert for my department and the key interface for regulators
- Moody'sSpecialist, Credit Risk, 2008 - 2009•Probability of default and economic capital modeling and methodology practical and theoretical problem solving for internal and external clients that were the majority of all major banks in the world •Lead trainer for advanced technical concepts in modeling (PD, capital, stochastic calculus, etc) combined with high level intuition for employees boot camps as well as all external clients •First tier of interaction with Moody’s Risk Product clients for Credit Monitor, Credit Edge, RiskCalc, Portfolio Manager, and Risk Frontier involved in modeling credit risk
- Federal National Mortgage AssociationQuantitative Researcher, Economic Capital Group, 2008 - 2008•Developed and implemented Economic Capital model infrastructure and vision for a portfolio of mortgage representing 25% of all US mortgages •Created and improved economic capital models ranging from market risk to credit risk, using Monte Carlo simulation with copulae to account for correlation •Presentations and work with senior management, including the CRO, as lead modeling expert
- Bank of AmericaQuantitative Financial Analyst, Credit Risk Research Group, 2003 - 2004•Maintained and implemented logistic regression consumer credit risk models via SAS for over $300B in outstanding consumer loans and leases •Improved models and prepared quarterly risk capital reports for total economic capital (including credit, country, market, and operational risk)with drilldown to the product level via SQL and Crystal Reports for presentation to senior management and regulators •Opened dialogue with Latin and South American affiliates and established deep data relationships with them that could not be negotiated previously by management
- Salomon Smith BarneyResearch Associate, Fixed Income Research Group, 2003 - 2003•Created programs for optimal asset allocation models via VB for fixed income portfolio as well as Treasury Inflation Protected Securities (TIPS) •Became resident TIPS modeling expert and derived several trading profitable trading strategies regarding TIPS •Recognized for communication ability with additional seat on the trading floor to provide expert modeling and research advice to sales/traders •Valued for research/modeling ability and creativity that led direct manager to present my research at conferences
- Mellon FinancialResearch Consultant, Equity Research Group, 2002 - 2002•S&P 500 addition/deletion modeling and analysis used to detail effects and support MCM skill •Data collection of years of S&P add/delete announcements to generate optimal timing windows • Optimal timing windows led to increased value for MCM client portfolios that tracked the S&P 500
- Panjea.comSenior Financial Advisor, 2004 - 2007•Led and performed market research on social media and web applications •Wrote business plan and designed business model for social media startup that won DemoGod07 award with business model written up in several publications including the Wall St Journal (July 12, 2006), Rolling Stone, CNET, etc) •Pitches to investors raised over $1Min funding
- Talon AerospaceChief Financial Advisor, 2005 - 2005•Led and performed market research on LED lighting for aerospace applications and competitors in industry •Wrote business plan, designed business model, and developed competitive advantage pitch for breaking into LED lighting for aerospace industry •Pitches to investors and business plan led to large investor buying remaining partners out
6 Premium Apartment Amenities Worth the Extra Cost
If you’re shopping for an apartment, you’re likely to come across a lot of amenities that simply aren’t worth the price. Really, how often .
American Futbol: An Uncensored Journey to the World Cup
A travel documentary exploring Latin American soccer culture through an expedition from the U.S. to the 2014 World Cup in Brazil.
Google Launches Project Tango Smartphone To Experiment With Computer Vis...
Google today announced Project Tango, an Android-based prototype phone and developer kit with advanced 3D sensors out of its Advanced Techno
SpaceX is Awarded Launch of German Radar Reconnaissance Satellite System
Hawthorne, CA – Space Exploration Technologies (SpaceX) will provide the launch services for Germany's second-generation radar reconnaissanc
AT&T MLS All-Star at Power & Light District featuring Macklemore...
AT&T MLS All-Star at Power & Light District featuring Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, brought to you by BlackBerry SCHEDULE Monday, July 29, 2013 7