The Examen is not punitive, its all about the positive
As moms we could really use a way to sort out our day
Saint Ignatius never intended that the Examen be viewed as a punitive exercise. He believed in a loving God who wanted only the best for us, but also called us to change. And for Ignatius that change was always for the better.
Try to focus on one aspect of your day, look at what went well that day, and if it’s just one thing; that’s ok, you are looking for the silver lining in every cloud; God’s there to help you find it.
- Spiritual Lives Of WomenSpiritual Director, presentBy examining past decisions, situations and choices to see how they affect your life you can begin to see how God is calling you to achieve your best. Spiritual Direction can and does address spiritual-emotional issues Spiritual Direction seeks to guide you toward a deeper understanding of you who are in God’s eyes. Spiritual Directors do not cure, coerce or judge, but help you to work toward wholeness
- Member of Spiritual Direction International
- Spiritual Director since 1998
- Member of the Theophostic Prayer Ministry
- Executive of Spiritual Consultants and Direction for Women, llc: Miracles Happen.
Workshop Presenter for:
- Head Start
- Family Growth Centers
- Saint Casimir Parish
- Diocese of Lansing; Post Abortion Issues Workshops for:
- Retreat Leaders
- Support Group Leader (Helping to rebuild the ministry)
- Freedom Conference
- Common Conference Lansing Diocese
Support Group Creator for:
- Family Growth Center
- Holy Cross Parish
- Saint Casimir Parish
- Home Visiting Social Worker with Catholic Social Service 1987 - 2000
- Mother Mentor for Child Abuse Prevention Service 1990 - 2000
- Director of a Catholic Woman's Ministry: Project Rachel 1999 - 2005 (Until its changing ministry focus)
- Director of Religious Education - Holy Cross Parish 2005 - 2009 (Until its closing in June of '09)
- Creating Family/Mother's Ministry for - Saint Casimir Parish 2009 - Present
Personal Belief Statement:
- I believe that the greatest interpersonal search we make is the one that defines us as spiritual beings.
All Organizations Sited, unless otherwise, Lansing, Michigan
Curious Wisdom and Other Everyday practicalities..: Finally Friday (16)
Welcome back for Finally Friday follow friendly hop! This is a fun hop that encourages new connections! The rules are as always super easy!