MINUTES: Today's Meeting July 10. Attending: Andrea Kepsel & PF Anderson.
Worked on finalizing the draft search strategy here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17kYR2VxEliSxIO0XGmruflZKxJMyocC1ptM9B_3g9MI/edit#gid=1009373048
We tested & finalized the CONSENSUS column in tab 2 (Emerging) and tag 3 (Technologies). Testing was done 2 ways.
1) Test various options for term in original search & our previous tests, comparing retrieval numbers for options, and how much the difference added in terms of sensitivity and specificity. Basically, if a term variant increased the number of citations retrieved by ~50% or more, but did not increase the number of relevant citations by close to the same amount, we opted to NOT include the term variant.
2) We also tried combining the terms &/or variants with the parenthetical string (emerging OR innovation) to test for relevance. When doing these tests we found one term from the original search strategy which appeared to offer no value (experience), and which we pulled from the search strategy for this reason.
3) Added bonus? Through doing both of the above, we discovered two additional term/concept groups that appeared to offer value but which did not appear in the original search. These were, in Tech, simulations, and in Emerging, improvement. I suspect there may be other similar terms that we haven't noticed. This is when doing some text mining of results for distinctive words not yet included might be useful.
1) We really wanted to finalize the search today, but tab one, the MeSH terms, still has too many questionmarks about which headings should be in with category group. Everyone, please look and comment.
2) Andrea will take the tab 2&3 consensus columns and assemble those into a search strategies that we will document in our Search Strategies folder.
3) I will focus on the IRB process this coming week.
4) I'm assuming we can have a final FINAL version of the base search strategy next week. We need final drafts for all four subteams. With those two components, we can cut back on the number of meetings, assign specific tasks, and hopefully move onward to the next phase.