Even the most seasoned Googlers might learn a few new things ;)
★ Google Chrome ★
(1) Convert Chrome into a text editor:
Open a new tab and paste the following text into the address bar: data:text/html,<html contenteditable> Then click anywhere on the page to start typing.
(2) Open animated GIF’s in Google Chrome
Open an animated GIF file from your computer by dragging it into a new Chrome tab.
(3) Advanced website bookmarking
Drag the URL from the address bar to your desktop to create a 'quick launch' shortcut. This removes the middle step of first launching your browser to only then access the website.
(4) Create keyboard shortcuts for extensions (this is huge)
Wouldn't it be cool if you could activate the Pocket or Pinterest extensions with a keyboard shortcut? Well you can, and it’s both simple & time saving!
This works for many other extensions but I personally use it the most for saving websites to Pocket for reading later.
Open a new tab, type chrome://extensions into the address bar and navigate to the bottom of the page where you'll see “keyboard shortcuts”. Open it up and assign keyboard shortcuts for your extensions.
★ Google Search ★
(5) Search for specific file types
Search for “Sunset filetype:jpeg”, “Branding filetype:pdf” or any other word + file extension. In most cases this works without the ‘filetype’ addition (i.e. “Branding.pdf”).
(6) Find related websites
Find and explore website similar to the ones you like by typing - “related:www.TheWebsite .com”
(7) Movie showtime and length
To find cinemas nearby showing a specific film, type: “MovieName Showtime”. To find out how long the movie is, type: “MovieName Runtime”.
(8) Track packages
Enter your Fedex, UPS tracking number into Google search to get information about your packed location.
Check if your flight is on time or running late by typing: ‘Airline name + flight number’ (i.e. “Delta 152”).
Degrees - 27 celcius to farenheit
Distances - 1 mile to km
Currency - 1 usd to euro
Calculate any thing by simply typing it into the search query: “50x50+(193 - 84)”
(12) Advanced Recipe search
Narrow down recipes results by ingredients, cook time, calories. Search for ‘Lasagna recipe’, navigate to the search tools and filter your results (more in tip 3 - Search like a pro: bit. ly/GoogleTip3).
(13) Weather & Time
Find weather forecast or time for certain location by typing “Location Weather’ or ‘Location Time’.
(14) Exact phrases
Search for exact phrases by adding quotations: “Exact Phrase”.
(15) Set a timer
Easily set a time directly in Google search by typing: “Timer for 10 minutes and 5 seconds”
★ Just for fun: ★
(16) Search for the following things and see what happens:
► Do a barrel roll
► Answer to Life the Universe and Everything
► Zerg Rush
Familar with other fun or cool tricks for Google Search or Chrome? Share them below! :)
♥ If you like this tip feel free to Comment, +1 and Share!
★ For more tips like this, extra info and detailed screenshots: ★
#21GoogleTips #Google #GoogleSearch #GoogleTricks #GoogleChrome #FunSearches #SearchTools #GoogleTips
- University of South FloridaMaster's in Library and Information Science, 2008 - 2010Tampa, FL
- University of South FloridaBachelor's in American Studies, 2006 - 2008Tampa, FL
- Coastal Carolina Community CollegeA.A.S. Business Administration, 1994 - 1996Jacksonville, NC
- Southeast High School1979 - 1983Bradenton, FL
- Community Partners in RevitalizationAdministrator, 2014 - presentSocial media and website management, marketing, project management, and office management for a nonprofit building affordable housing for low to moderate income families in Tampa Bay. Also building mortgage-free homes for wounded veterans (one to two per year).
- The InfoScouterIndependent Info Pro, 2010 - presentI run my own Virtual Assistant business, helping clients with social media management, content curation, research, and information management.
- InfoArmySenior Researcher, 2012 - 2013Deep web research developing profiles on start-up technology companies.
A Spectacular List of 240+ Tips, Tricks and Resources for Content Market...
From beginners to old-hats, we all have something to learn about content marketing. We know you have better things to do than spending your
9 Experts Share Their Best Ways to Get Web Trafficbroaded_OK_show
Internet Marketing for Smart People
Why You MUST Build Your Email List - Instructions IncludedWhy You MUST B...
If you're not building an email list your events may be in great trouble. Learn why and how here...
10 tweetable quotes for good ideas, and 5 for Pinterest too
Quotes to get you over the hump, make you think bigger and point the way to a new way of doing things. Tweetable and Pinnable.
CharityHowTo.com - Live Webinars & Instant Access Step-by-Step Video...
Free Webinar Recording: Tips and Tricks for a Successful Grant Seeking Strategy. Watching “Tips and Tricks for a Successful Grant Seeking St
6 Stunning Photographs Taken from the Edge of a Skyscraper
How many times have you seen a city from above? Brooklyn-based photographer Navid Baraty is enamored with urban aerial views and wants to sh
12 Days of Twitter – Who to Follow in 2014 > Day 2
I’m on Day 2 of my “12 Days of Twitter” list. Between now and December 23rd, I’m going to add 12 names each day, in no particular order, to
3rd Grade Solar Science Project-Results,Testing Procedures,Videos
Solar Science Fair Project-Testing the Power of the Sun-Solar Car-Solar Wind Turbine-Kids and Solar
Adding Eye Candy - Engaging Readers Visually - News - Bubblews
Speak Freely. Write Your World.
Holidays Recognize Battles, Religions, Milestones, and More
Workers in one country may have completely different languages, customs, and needs than workers in even a bordering country. The same holds