We spoke with Professors and who are outgoing and incoming chairs, respectively, of the Committee on Professional Opportunities for Women (CPOW) in the . The CPOW was chartered in the early seventies for “increasing recognition and opportunities for women biophysicists”. Shortly after, the Society elected its first woman President. The timing was not a coincidence! Since then this society has worked to elevate many women scientists to leadership positions and supported the career development of both men and women biophysicists.
To find out how a professional society can advocate and promote the careers of women and increase diversity, read our blog at: http://www.stemwomen.net/promoting-stem-women-how-scientific-societies-can-help/
- Social Media Concepts NYPresident, 2006 - presentSocial Media Concepts NY specializes in using the power of the Internet as a business marketing tool, and executes social media strategies for its clients based upon their specific needs and goals. We are well versed in social media strategies, tools, analytics, emerging trends and best practices, and build social media networks using popular platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Instragram, Pinterest, Reddit, StumbleUpon, and YouTube.
- New York Women's AgendaSocial Media Marketing Consultant, 2010 - 2013http://newyorkwomensagenda.org/ Working directly with the organization's President and Technology Officer, I implemented a successful social media marketing strategy to build awareness, coalitions and community for this New York nonprofit women's organization founded by NYC icon Elinor Guggenheimer. NYWA has brought together more than 100 women’s organizations under one umbrella to raise awareness in political, economic and cultural circles to help improve the lives of women and their families.
- Village EmpowermentSocial Media Consultant, 2009 - 2010http://www.villageempowerment.org/ Working closely with the organization's President, I developed and oversaw a successful strategic online marketing plan for this nonprofit that helps villages throughout Africa become self-sustainable in 12 to 24 months through the organization's unique training and assistance programs.
- WorldChangingBusinessSocial Media Manager, 2009 - 2009http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlA7NHL5nVg Working with the organization's Founder, I developed and launched an online marketing strategy to promote this nonprofit's unique goal of blending Fortune 500 best practices with a socially conscious approach to help its clients experience tangible results ranging from increased profitability, cause-based branding, and improved customer satisfaction.
- MET DesignManaging Partner/Marketing, 2000 - 2006http://www.MetDesign.com In my role of overseeing marketing initiatives, I worked closely with clients to determine the best strategies for achieving their online marketing goals. This encompassed development of a marketing strategy, overseeing and directing a marketing team, identifying new marketing opportunities and trends, analytics, and making sure our account management and customer service activities were of the highest caliber.
Pat is a strategic thinker with creative problem-solving abilities and impeccable writing skills. Her company works with nonprofits, small businesses, and start-ups in developing strategies, digital influence and brand voices across popular social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Tumblr, Pinterest, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
- City University of New York-Baruch CollegeCertificate of Marketing Principles & Practices, Marketing, present
- American Management AssociationCertificate of Marketing Principles & Practices, Marketing, present
- University of Maryland, College ParkB.A., English Literature, present
- New York UniversityFilm, Television & Broadcasting, present
10 predictions for marketers, the TV industry, and the state of social i...
The start of a new year means a new slate of predictions -- we were pretty pleased with how the last 2 years of predictions turned out -- se
3 Reasons Why No Social Media Presence Is a Bigger Red Flag Than a Dodgy...
Pulling an "invisible man" act on social media can do more harm than good.
Is Your Mac Still Running OS X Lion? Why? You Should Upgrade to OS X Mav...
Is Your Mac Still Running OS X Lion? Why? You Should Upgrade to OS X Mavericks
The Unpatchable Malware That Infects USBs Is Now on the Loose | WIRED
Two independent researchers say that publicly releasing the code that enables BadUSB attacks will hasten a fix.
CenturyLinkVoice: 5 Emerging Technologies Every Office Will Have In 2020
Back in 1975, while most desks were still furnished with manual typewriters, technology pundits were making their predictions on the future
Hilton Hotels will let guest check-in and unlock their rooms with their ...
Hilton Hotels turns the iPhone into your entire hotel key with check-in service, upgrades, and room request features.
MediaPost Publications Twitter Taps Stanton As Global Media Chief 07/09/...
Twitter Taps Stanton As Global Media Chief - 07/09/2014
Apple Earns More Money Than HP, Google, Intel and Cisco Combined | Cult ...
Everyone knows Apple is incredibly profitable, but did you know that the top-earning tech company brings in more money than Hewlett-Packard,
MediaPost Publications Mobile Shoppers to Face More Interactive Screens ...
Mobile Shoppers to Face More Interactive Screens in Stores - 02/13/2014
Andy's Answers: How Reebok finds the right social media influencers | Sm...
When you're looking for your brand's social media influencers, it's easy to get caught up in the numbers. You might think more followers mea
I Negotiated My Job Offer & They Pulled It. Now What?
Should you negotiate your job offer? If you know you won’t take the offer you’re given, yes, do this. But what if you want the job? Or need
How To Become A Successful Social Media Marketer [Infographic]
You've read the tips, you applied the tactics, now there's an infographic for that, too. Social Media Manager School released an infographic
[Infographic] Increase Your Pinterest Engagement by 275%
It's no news that Pinterest has seen huge growth in the past year and has become one of the leading sites for brands to showcase their produ
Optimize Your Twitter Profile | Social Media Today
Your Twitter profile is important. It’s generally the first thing people look at when they find you on Twitter. Your profile most likely det