Start a hangout
264 followers|550,065 views
Works at Scale-Up Consulting
264 followers|550,065 views
Add a comment...
Add a comment...
Add a comment...
Once upon a time I was a ninja; now aspiring to become samurai...
Hands-on economist with a strong background in start-up entrepreneurship, a passion for writing, gaming, cinema, and 15 years of experience in marketing, public relations, business development, customer acquisition/retention and community management. Currently active in the mobile gaming space and in green hardware cooling.
Used to run marketing at Lik-Sang.com back in the early Internet days. Have written for EDGE and JeuxVideo.com. Participated in launching Combo Crew and ZiGGURAT on the App Store. Drove the "Mysterious Cities of Gold video game" Kickstarter campaign to 152% of funding goal. Participated in bringing Smartjoy (first USB adapter for PlayStation controllers), Smartjoy FRAG, Super Smartjoy, Resident Evil 4 Chainsaw Controller and Street Fighter 15th Anniversary Stick to market. Speak and write French, English and Spanish. Lived as a "gwai-loh" in crazy Hong Kong for five years. Learned salsa dancing as a "gringo" in Colombia.
Executive Consultant (video game industry, mobile economy, marketing, start-up)
Marketing, Writing, Strategy, Business Model, Economics, Monetization, Public Relations, Social Media, Management, Entrepreneurship, Start-ups, Crowdfunding, Branding, App Store distribution, Performance-based Advertising.
- Scale-Up ConsultingExecutive Consultant, 2013 - presentStrategic advice, marketing analysis, planning and operational execution of plans for various clients in the mobile gaming field, including Ynnis Interactive ("Mysterious Cities of Gold" video games), The Game Bakers (Squids, Combo Crew), Fishing Cactus etc.
- FlaregamesGrowth Hacking Specialist, 2014 - 2015Responsible for spotting and leveraging market trends, as well as finding marketing areas and vehicles offering high growth potential.
- Allied Control LimitedMarketing & Communication Advisor, 2013 - 2014Allied Control builds 2-phase immersion cooling systems for power electronics using 3M Novec Engineered Fluids. Project consulting to allow organizations to make use of this elegant technology instead of using energy hungry and cumbersome traditional cooling methods. The new DataTank 1.4MW Container Unit is the company's third generation system and built in the USA. Previously Allied Control designed and built Immersion-1, the largest FPGA cluster worldwide, and Immersion-2, a 500kW rack platform design for 3M™ Novec™ Engineered Fluids. Allied Control runs the World's first immersion cooled data center since 2012. Allied Control works with external clients to implement passive two-phase immersion cooling in supercomputers and other high power density applications such as Bitcoin mining, for example. I advise them about communication and marketing.
- FreelanceWriter / Author, 2007 - 2015Available for all types of writing, copy-writing, editing or screenwriting assignments in English and French. Have written for EDGE and JeuxVideo.com among others. Recently finished writing first book (to be published in the fall). Two unsold feature film screenplays waiting for you in my drawer, Mr. Hollywood Big Shot.
- The Game BakersMarketing & Biz Dev Advisor, 2013 - 2013I was advising company founders in Marketing, Strategy, Communication and Business Development, setting up vehicles and channels to increase company sales and exposure. The fantastic talents at the up and coming indie studio had already released Squids and its sequel Squids Wild West to critical acclaim on mobile platforms. I was assisting them in expanding this charming universe into a franchise. I also had the luck to work on their exciting new generation brawler "Combo Crew".
- Fishing CactusMarketing & PR Advisor, 2012 - 2013Optimization of company exposure, maximization of mobile games sales through various channels and vehicles, shaping and structuring the marketing department. I also had the privilege to work on the communication strategy for upcoming PC-Mobile hit Creatures Online.
- FreshuuChief Creative Officer - co-founder, 2010 - 2012Designing and overseeing production of various video game titles for smartphones and tablets. I've also helped launching Tim Rogers' critically acclaimed ZiGGURAT on iOS.
- Vivo ProductsCreative Director, 2007 - 2009We worked on an unannounced Wii dance video game project and involving a music superstar for publisher Majesco. The game got canned half way into development, for internal financial reasons at publisher. Studio closed subsequently. Despite ending in failure, the stint taught me a lot about the craft of making video games.
- Lik-Sang.comMarketing Director, 2002 - 2006A thrilling experience. This position provided me with a unique point of view on the entire video games industry and the Internet. The marketing department under my supervision was dealing day in, day out with over 9.000 different gaming products and over a million customers from 105 countries. In my time, the company turn-over grew in double-digits year-on-year for 4 consecutive years. Generated 15 million US$ of revenue, with only 22 employees at a 40% operating margin in final year. The equivalent of 6000 MS Word pages were published on the company blog, for which I served as E.I.C., long before the word "blog" was even coined. The daily average readership of the blog grew from 30.000 to 100.000 over time. In its time, Lik-Sang was the largest key account from Asia - ahead of Amazon.co.jp - for UPS, DHL and PayPal by volume and number of transactions.
- JeuxVideo.comAsia Editor, 2003 - 2005I was the special correspondent in Asia for the JeuxVideo.com portal. Have written multiple editorials and articles for them.
- NubyTechSVP Business Development, 2003 - 2005NubyTech produced video game peripherals under licenses from major publishers such as Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo, Tecmo or Capcom. Among other things, I've participated into the creation of the Street Fighter 15th Anniversary Arcade Stick and the Resident Evil 4 Chainsaw Controller. I've also set up the international distribution and sales channels for the company, and have helped shape their global communication line.
- Eclectic MultimediaManaging Director - Founder, 1998 - 2002A start-up specialized in video games peripherals production (in China) and distribution (across Europe). The venture gave birth to the Smartjoy brand.