31st Jan 2015: I travelled to Frankfurt to attend "Paper World" (paperworld.messefrankfurt.com) - a paper/stationery/arts/office faire...
Papier Welt 2015 (FRA)
69 Photos - View album
one plus one
Shared publicly•View activity
- wait, ... what?? there is an actual paper/stationery fair?
and now you're telling me ?
what kind of friend are you ?Feb 14, 2015
- : the kind of friend who travels on a night bus (actually 2, change in Berlin) for like 10 hours so that he can squeeze the whole endeavour in a weekend (back by train on Sunday afternoon), actually see how it works and then report back to everyone that starts salivating at the words "stationery fair"...
Important Notice: It is not really worth it, in my opinion - whenever you find something you fancy (e.g.: a wardrobe-sized paper+hard-disks shredder, can reduce even steel to confetti, and you can also decide on the size of the shreds... it's not all about pens and art, you know?) the best you can do is ask if there are already dealers in your area, and often the answer will be something along the lines of "not really, this is our first Paper World fair and we are looking for importers".
Feb 14, 2015
- salivating :)Feb 14, 2015
- there was this shop you were talking about recently, you asked if it was worth the trip to berlin? what was it again? i'll go take a lookFeb 14, 2015
- The two shops I am thinking to visit are "MODULOR" and "Papier & Spiele" (which is apparently connected to: http://www.papierwelt.com)... while double checking the spelling of "Modulor" I found this http://www.ignant.de/2014/07/02/top-6-stationery-stores-in-berlin/ that might possibly make you moan, if not actually salivating...Feb 14, 2015
- modular is totally worth it, i can confirm.Feb 14, 2015