Slim has more than 4 years of Big Data experience working on a dozen different Hadoop projects. This talk is an analysis of the observed trends in the transition from the Hadoop ecosystem to the Spark ecosystem. This will include the topics of: replacement, integration, alternatives, deployment and newer capabilities.
The slides that accompany this video can be found on slideshare: http://www.slideshare.net/sbaltagi/chug-2-1215slimbaltagi
- DatabricksDirector of Community Evangelism, 2014 - presentLeading the training, certification, meetups, and evangelism for Apache Spark, while helping coordinate conference content, book/video projects, etc.
- Liber 118minion, 2001 - presentauthor, speaker, engineering consultant, instructor
- Amplify PartnersVenture Amplifier, 2014 - presentEvil Mad Scientist in Residence
- The Data GuildAdvisor, 2013 - presentEvil Mad Scientist
- MesosphereChief Scientist, 2013 - 2013
- Concurrent, Inc.Director, Data Science, 2012 - 2013
- S.P.E.C.T.R.E.Evil Mad Scientist, 1999 - 2012
- FringeWareFounder, President, 1992 - 1999
Understanding the Now: The Role of Data in Adaptive Organizations - Data
By Chris Diehl of The Data Guild Slow and Unaware It was 2005. The war in Iraq was raging. Many of us in the national security R&D community
Statistical [R]ecipes: Creating A New Ground for 'Data Science' outside ...
In a recent AMSTAT News article, Terry Speed wrote a fantastic and inspirational article on the field of statistics. He began by summarizing
Mesosphere Launches Elastic Mesos, Makes Setting Up A Mesos Cluster A 3-...
Mesosphere, a startup that focuses on developing Mesos, a technology that makes running complex distributed applications easier, is launchin
Early UAV: The Lawrence Captive Airship Over San Francisco
Early UAV.. kite photos of 1906 quake+fire. ... Undoubtedly, some of the most remarkable photographs ever taken by kite-borne cameras were m
PCs and UAVs had a similar arc before personalization
It took about 30 years for computers to progress from military assets to personal devices. Same for UAVs. ... The ENIAC was a modular comput
Expanding Mind – Magic and the Corporation – 07/05/12
Maker culture, AI advertising, and the occult origins of the modern corporation: a fascinating talk with author and data scientist Paco...
Where Does Big Data Go To Get Data-Intensive? | Dr Dobb's
Concurrent Cascading 2.0: Java application framework for building enterprise Big Data applications on Hadoop