Head over to the blog post below for the embedded video and links to free PDF files.
Fortunately, I discovered that I have the best boss and coworkers in the world. We are a "gym family". They will message me any time day or night when they are worried about me, and will stay up late giving me love, advice, and comfort. Love you all.
Between them, my parents, and friends supporting me and talking things out with me, I have come a long way over the past few days. I was told by one of my coworkers that some of them have been praying for me for a while because they knew of my spiritual struggles.
I truly do want to continue believing in a higher power, and not simply because it is my "comfort zone". I've given it a lot of thought, as well. Yes, I grew up in church... That was my comfort zone, you could say. I grew away from church in recent years and put a lot of thought as well into the arguments against Christianity.
I finally "unconverted' from Christianity somewhere around April / May of last year and started looking more into Zen. I ended up fully atheist for a few months, starting around late September. I started putting a lot of thought into the things I was reading and watching... Comparing to the arguments for God and Christianity.
I'm not sure exactly what changed or what the catalyst was, or exactly when it happened. I do know that I started swinging back in the other direction. I do know that it all came to a head this past week.
Is there something to prayer? Is there something to what my coworkers, friends, and family have been saying? I still have a lot of tough questions about Christianity, but I'm willing to keep my mind and heart open. I want to know a loving, benevolent, merciful God. I'm skeptical about my skepticism. Will I ever get all of my questions answered? Probably not in this life. If God is there, I'll have a lot to ask Him when I get to the other side. I'm getting more and more positive that this may be so.
Grab hold of any meaning or worth you can find and refuse to let it go. Tell yourself that you can be the hero that fought through all the pain. Have a story to tell others and inspire them to fight on.
Cry if you need to, go to others for help when you feel weak - there is nothing wrong with these and let's remember we're all human. Lean on others for support as you build your strength back up. Once you do, you will look back on these struggles and learn that true strength is perseverance - the belief and hope in life and pushing through.
- Olympia GymnasticsStrength and conditioning coach, 2013 - present
- Johnston Karate (self employed)Karateka, 2004 - 2014
- Personal trainer (self employed)2012 - present
118 Sauls St.Lake City, SC 29560
I began my martial arts journey on June 10th, 2002, when I enrolled at Nippon Kokusai Karate Center (NKKC) in Lake City, SC. I took over management of this location in January 2004, and obtained the rank of shodan (first degree black belt) in October 2004. NKKC is affiliated with Japan International Karate Center (JIKC). JIKC was founded by the late Hirano Kiyohisa-soke. In late April 2005, I split from NKKC and founded Johnston Karate. I gradually developed and taught my own formulation of karate for 10 years. I also trained at other JIKC over the years dojo as time allowed. I trained at a boxing gym in Sumter, SC, for about 3 years, and for a year and a half in Brazilian Jiujitsu, in Conway, SC.
- Certified Progressive Calisthenics Instructor through Dragon Door:
PCC Instructor profile
- Certified gymnastics instructor through USA gym since August 2014
- Formally taught martial arts from 2004-2015
- Have offered my services as a personal trainer since March 2013, when I became certified through ISSA
- Have served as a personal trainer, strength and conditioning coach at Olympia Gymnastics since April 2014
- Experience in boxing, running martial arts training camps, and many types of physical fitness training and exercises
- Have taught many students how to defend themselves, improve self confidence, and personal fitness
- Click here to view my personal trainer / karate instructor resume
- Dragon DoorPCC, 2014 - present
- Lake City High School1992 - 1996
- International Sports Sciences AssociationCertified Fitness Trainer, 2013 - 2015
Whitepages Caller ID & Block - Android Apps on Google Play
Whitepages Caller ID is the best app for caller ID, call blocking and spam protection. With Whitepages Caller ID, you always know who’s call
Popular Martial Arts - Know What Arts Are Most Practiced
Popular Martial Arts In America. There is no better way of getting fit and entertaining spectators than martial art. They can also be used a
Martial Arts Forums – Community – Google+ (CommunityRank: 33264) ─ Circl...
The CommunityRank of Martial Arts Forums – Community – Google+ is 33264! Their about: All styles welcome