InterContinental Hotels Group
User Experience Designer, 2015 - present
Artech Information Systems L.L.C.
Graphic Designer, 2014 - 2015
* Responsible for web design and user experience on AT&T web sites.
* Understand business requirements, suggest user experience, create wireframes, design mock-ups, create graphics and visual elements.
* Work with business partners and technical teams throughout the development of multiple projects.
Danya International, Inc.
Graphics Specialist, 2007 - 2014
* Develop graphics standards and provide graphics support for CDC’s Division of Adolescent and School Health, Act Against AIDS Campaign, and National Partnerships Team.
* Design publications, training manuals, toolkits, e-newsletters, advertisements, brochures, conference materials, and specialty collateral.
* Involved in strategic planning of internal and external communication initiatives.
* Responsible for providing 508 compliance consultations to staff and clients; provide PDF remediation for new and legacy documents on CDC websites.
* Responsible for purchase and maintenance of stock photography image libraries; build template libraries to facilitate workflow; established archiving system for creative services department.
* Troubleshoot and resolve issues regarding printing, software, and graphics for staff.
Designed by Knight, LLC
Principal, 2006 - 2012
* Design marketing materials, advertisements, newsletters, and similar publications for small businesses and organizations.
* Research and recommend design related enhancements to increase social media engagement.
* Design sites using WordPress.
Detroit Free Press
News Graphic Artist, 2001 - 2006
* Analyzed news stories and conducted research to produce concise and visually appealing information graphics.
* Created information graphics consisting of charts, maps, diagrams, and custom illustrations.
* Represented the graphics department at daily and advance-planning meetings; pitched ideas for graphics.
* Designed, developed and maintained graphic department’s Intranet website.
Clothesline Custom Screenprinting
Graphic Designer and Production Assistant, 2000 - 2001
* Created custom screen print designs for promotional items.
* Reproduced graphics and logos; retouched photos.
* Prepared color separations for spot color and multi-color screenprinting.
Florida A&M University, Journey Magazine
Art Director and Illustrator, 1999 - 2000
* Art directed 24-page, quarterly student magazine.
* Collaborated with editors, reporters, photographers, and illustrators on page designs.
* Designed and illustrated pages.