InterContinental Hotels Group
User Experience Designer, 2015 - present
• Collaborate with the User Experience practice groups, business and technical stakeholders to create innovative accessibility compliant user interfaces.
• Create and maintain style guides.
• Throughout the lifecycle of product development and management stages provide review and feedback to technology and QA teams as needed.
• Develop standard UI design enhancements, follow and update pattern library.
• Initiate, conceptualize and lead user interface design.
• Communicate user interface design implementation to technology teams in the form of detailed specifications and design documents.
Projects: IHG Guest Reservation System (GRS), GRS Microsite
Artech Information Systems L.L.C.
User Experience/User Interface Design Consultant, 2014 - 2015
• Responsible for design and user experience on AT&T mobile and desktop sites.
• Understand business requirements, suggest user experience, and quality testing.
• Provide information architecture support via process flow diagrams and low and high-fidelity wireframes.
• Work with business partners and technical teams in an agile environment throughout the development of multiple projects.
Projects: myatt.com Mobile Registration Login Flow, AT&T Employee & Retiree Discount Enrollment Portal, myAT&T Mobile Wireless Overview, ATT + Yahoo Mobile Sign, Games.att.net
Danya International, Inc.
Graphics Specialist, 2007 - 2014
• Consulted/educated clients on latest technologies to increase engagement and strengthen outreach initiatives.
• Developed graphics standards and provided digital branding solutions for multiple government clients.
• Interacted with developers to insure accuracy of user interface build.
• Provided managers with level of effort estimates for proposals and client work.
• Provided and comped designs based on client consultations and meetings; iterated as needed.
• Served as primary 508 compliance point of contact for office; provided 508 compliance consultations to staff and clients; provided PDF remediation for new and legacy documents on client Websites.
Clients: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Division of Adolescent and School Health, Federal Drug Administration (FDA), President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief, Act Against AIDS Initiative
Designed by Knight, LLC
Principal, 2006 - 2014
• Design and develop Web and mobile sites using CMS.
• Provide usability and user experience recommendations.
• Research, recommend, and execute design related enhancements to increase social media engagement and increase brand awareness.
• Design marketing materials, advertisements, newsletters, and similar publications for businesses, and non-profits.
Detroit Free Press
News Graphic Artist, 2001 - 2006
• Analyzed news stories and researched content for information graphics; designed infographics and illustrations.
• Represented the graphics department at planning meetings with managers and recommended graphics to support editorial content.
• Redesigned user interface of graphic department’s Intranet site; developed site.
Clothesline Custom Screenprinting
Graphic Designer and Production Assistant, 2000 - 2001
• Created custom screen print designs for promotional items.
• Reproduced graphics and logos; retouched photos.
• Prepared color separations for spot color and multi-color screenprinting.
Florida A&M University, Journey Magazine
Art Director and Illustrator, 1999 - 2000
• Art directed award winning 24-page, quarterly student magazine.
• Collaborated with editors, reporters, photographers, and illustrators on page designs.
• Designed and illustrated pages.