Planning for Big Data
The book is out! Edited by me, this is a handbook for those interested in finding out more about what big data is, and how it can be practically used today. Topics covered include:
* The broad industry changes heralded by the big data era
* What big data is, what it means to your business, and how to startsolving data problems
* The software that makes up the Hadoop big data stack, and the majorenterprise vendors' Hadoop solutions
* The landscape of NoSQL databases and their relative merits
* How visualization plays an important part in data work* Big data in the cloud, and data marketplaces
If you are already primed on big data, this is the ideal book to hand to your manager or CIO.
Authors include +Alistair Croll
, +Julie Steele
, +Mike Loukides
and me, +Edd Dumbill
have made the ebook free. You can download it from their site, and it'll be appearing in iTunes and Kindle shortly.