My BFF David Silver and I talk about the world, the flesh and the devil.
Lily Cushman is my wonderful and oh so lovely guest this week.
To try and describe Lily in just a few short sentences would be a fruitless endeavor because it’s impossible. She does way too many cool and diverse things. But shit, I’ll try.
Lily is Sharon Salzberg’s assistant, owner and runner of Brooklyn Yoga School, label head of Vanaras Records and a proud Berklee alum. She’s also one of the coolest and nicest people I’ve ever met.
- Berklee College of Music
- DAW’s (digital audio workstations)
- Lily Moving to New York a week before 9/11
- The shifting landscape of the music industry
- Noah’s first time LSD story
- Tapping into the mysteries of life
- Brooklyn Yoga School
- Emerging music industry models
- The pitfalls of chasing a positive experience
- The Mind
- Working with Sharon Salzberg
- The importance of lineage
- The lack of structure surrounding Western Dharma teachers
Tess Lampert is my guest today.
In addition to being my sister Tess is a food and beverage connoisseur, writer and the best cook I know (sorry, mom.)
Tess flips the script at the beginning of the episode by asking me questions.
This weeks book giveaway is Joseph Campbell’s, “The Hero With a Thousand Faces”
Join the Synchronicity Community and you’ll be entered in the weekly book giveaway FOREVER: eepurl.com/bSWrqT
- Food as an expression of love
- Stress eating slash emotional eating
- Beauty via taste
- Time as an illusion
- Dissociative Experiences
Jay Weingarten is my most excellent guest this week.
Jay is a comedian. Jay is funny. Jay is cool. Jay is nice.
- Jay’s Comedy
- Flying Fish
- Expressing Yourself via Comedy
- Power Point as a comedic tool
- The importance of keeping an open mind
- Being authentic in life and comedy
- The importance of loving everything around you
- Jay’s chihuahua “The Baby”
- Karma and Reincarnation
- Multidimensional realities – Simultaneous other lives
- Tim Heidecker and Vic Berger
- 2 Wet Crew
- L.A Comedy Scene
- Jay’s Unique Path
- Using Life as a Path
- Jazz man!
- The internet being awesome
- Reducing Fear, Increasing Love
Talking weed with Allen St. Pierre.
Allen St. Pierre is the Executive Director of the National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws (NORML), an American non-profit organization that wishes to remove the criminal penalties for and legalize cannabis.
St. Pierre has been the Executive Director of NORML since January 2005. He is the seventh person to be NORML’s Executive Director. He also serves on the Board of Directors of NORML and the NORML Foundation.
- The genesis of marijuana prohibition
- Marijuna decriminilization
- The racial history behind cannabis prohibition
- Positive benefits of marijuana
- Amphetamine laced gummies
- Prognosis for cannabis legality and bussiness in the United States
My guest today is meditation teacher and pleasant fellow, Hugh Byrne.
Hugh Byrne teaches meditation and works with people to cultivate mindfulness in daily life. His approach is deeply informed by family and culture, human rights and social justice—and the good fortune of encountering Buddhist teachings 30 years ago.
Hugh came to meditation when his decades-long career spent remedying human injustice revealed the root cause of conflict that he’d failed to tackle. Hugh came to understand—and know personally—that the anger and fear within us engender harmful behavior. Thus he began the transformational practice and study of Buddhist insight meditation.
Hugh’s written a fantastic book, “The Here and Now Habit”
Check out his book here: https://goo.gl/nK4WWn
- The Evolution of Habits
- How to build effective habits
- Lizards Brain vs Thinking Brain
- Khaneman’s System 1 and System 2
- 4 Types of Dissatisfaction
- Buddhist Psychology and Modern Life
- Starting with Yourself
- Mindful Politics
Jarell Perry stops by Synchronicity to discuss music, awareness, race relations and the meaning of life.
I met Jarell through fellow MindPod Network podcaster Yoshino (Artist Decoded) and we immediately hit it off.
Jarell is an accomplished singer and songwriter and he also runs an excellent blog called Still Mind where he muses on everything from creativity to peace of mind.
I had a blast talking to Jarell and I have a feeling you’ll really enjoy this episode.
Cory Allen is a composer, mastering engineer, podcast host, and meditation teacher from Austin, TX. Allen’s music is deep, patient, highly-conceptual and has been called “elegant” by The Wire Magazine and an “artistic engineering achievement” by Was Ist Das. Cory has taught hundreds of people the practice of meditation through his guided workshops and delivers lectures on mindfulness and the expansion of human consciousness. Allen is the host of The Astral Hustle podcast where he talks to himself and his friends about the nature of being and the magic of the cosmos.
This weeks book for the Book Giveaway is “The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying” by Sogyal Rinpoche. Join the Synchronicity Community and you’re entered in the book giveaway every week.
Also, be sure to check out the Synchronicity Generosity Experiment. We’re raising money to help someone out. We choose the person or persons at the end of August. Check it out here: gofundme.com/syncgenerosity1/
Steven Kampmann is my guest today. Steven is an all around cool guy and father of previous guest Mikey Kampmann.
In this episode Steven and I discuss the importance of dreams. Steven also recommended some excellent books as an addendum to the episode:
- Steven meeting Carl Jung’s great grandson
- Bollingen Tower
- Dying, Dreams and Awareness
- The power of knowing nothing
- The flexibility of dreams
- Dreams predicting future events
- Taking action based on your dreams
- The orchestra of the Self
- Dreams as a source of creativity
- Climbing the mountain
- Finding your way to yourself
- Acting on your inner life
- Taking risks
Easily one of the most inspiring and wisdom filled episodes of Synchronicity to date.
- Toni’s story
- Overcoming suffering
- The importance of Self Compassion
- Idiot Self-Compassion
- How to approach chronic illness/pain/suffering
- The tyranny of positive thinking
- Being present
- Buddhism being realistic, not pessimistic
My guest today is friend and creative professional, Miles Seiden.
Miles is about as authentic of a person you’ll come across. Not only is he a talented professional, Miles is also one of the most honest and dedicated people I’ve met. In short, he’s my soul bruva from the same cosmic motha and yes I’m sorry and I will never say that again.
This week I’ve partnered with Wisdom Publications and they’ve generously donated a new copy of Ajahn Brahm’s “Kindfulness.”
Join the Synchronicity Community by tapping/clicking this link and you’re automatically entered in the giveaway FOREVER. That’s a good deal if you ask me.
Also, Wisdom Publications is giving away an ebook on Happiness from the Dalai Lama. Get the Dalai Lama’s ebook here because that’s a smart thing to do and who doesn’t want to be happy.
Finally, rate and review Synchronicity on iTunes if you’re digging it. I know it’s a pain to login to iTunes (which is terrible as a thing that exists) but it really helps the show and karmically it’s a great thing to do.
Buddha spoke explicitly about rating and reviewing podcasts as a good thing to do and a path towards everlasting peace and happiness, and hey, he’s a smart kind of guy.
- Creativity and Spirituality
- What does “spirituality” mean?
- Trying to define yourself
- Being a good person
- Healthy skepticism
- Direct Experience
- The word “guru”
- The little voice in your head
-Henry David Thoreau
- Berklee College of MusicMusic Synthesis, 2003 - 2007
- CRVD MediaPresident, 2009 - present
- Ram Dass, Love Serve Remember FoundationDigital Ops, 2012 - present
- Self-EmployedDigital Audio Wizard, 2003 - present
Retired NBA Star Devean George Built Affordable Housing & Grocery St...
Devean George is best known for being a former NBA Star and world Champion. His professional basketball career spanned 11 years after he was
DJDL.ORG Fresh place for DJ Mixes, Livesets, Promos, etc
Get your sweetest sets of the week, month and year, - we have it all, Livesets, DJ Mixes, Promo sets from Radios, Festivals, Clubs, New trac
MindPod Network: Your Home for Spiritual Growth | Indiegogo
When you change your heart, you change the world. | Crowdfunding is a democratic way to support the fundraising needs of your community. Mak
The Sense of "I" by Sri Ramakrishna - MindPodNetwork
Sri Ramakrishna discusses The Sense of "I"
There May Be 'Oceans' of Water Under the Earth's Surface
Researchers find new evidence that there may be gigantic reservoirs of water under the Earth's surface—potentially more than in the world's
There May Be an Ancient Earth Inside Earth, Say Harvard Scientists
A team of Harvard scientists believe the remnants of an ancient Earth may still be lodged deep within the Earth's mantle
Episode 57: Living and Dying in the Spirit - Ram Dass
You build your life so that every moment is the moment of death and rebirth. Because life and death become so intimately involved with one a
SHACK HOUSE: X-Men Days of Future Past (movie review)
Usually, I dont do this. But... For me, a good director knows how to tell a story with a camera and understands the source material he has t
Ram Dass Gives Maharaji the “Yogi Medicine” - Ram Dass
In 1967 when I first came to India, I brought with me a supply of LSD, hoping to find someone who might understand more about these substanc