Sometimes the workload is lighter on the 2nd Teacher whose responsibility is only towards the Teacher and Admin. Other times the workload is heavier with the class Teacher literally handing over the reins on a particular language project or section of the syllabus.
However it is carried out, it is in all respects 'Pair Teaching' also referred to as Co-Teaching.
A big part of my over 6000 teaching hours in Italy were devoted to Pair Teaching. I am a strong advocate of Pair Teaching and have shown it can also be done online (as was my collaboration with Dr Tom Hodgers - One Foolish Monkey webinars) not to forget the Moodle Mooc organized by IT4ALL Dr Nellie Deutsch which also form Teacher pairs to work together as in the MicroTeaching in Pairs.
Obviously it's not easy, it does require commitment and effort to work as a Team because in essence that's what it's about!
The audience will then vote for the Play King or Queen.
Episode 17 will air on Monday 30th November, at 8pm AEST.
- PEGASUS Business TrainingManager of Language Programs, 2012 - presentManager of Language Programs PEGASUS Business Training August 2012 – Present (11 months)Fabriano Advising businesses on staff training in the English language for work and social needs, preparing business course outlines, structuring and personalising courses to student needs from Analysis.
- STAZI CLAUDIO ServiziDirector of Language Services, 2000 - 2015Director of Language Services STAZI CLAUDIO Servizi 2000 – Present (13 years)Fabriano, Ancona, Italy Job involves preparation of Language courses for Business people in small to large companies. Translation of a wide variety of texts including historical books, websites, brochures, technical manuals etc. Teaching of English as a second language in schools and creating cultural language learning projects to be used in local high schools.
- Liceo Classico Statale 'STELLUTI'Theatre prepration in English, 2006 - 2013Theatre prepration in English Liceo Classico Statale 'STELLUTI' May 2006 – January 2013 (6 years 9 months)Fabriano, Ancona, Italia Native English Speaker for special school project of 1 week intensive speaking of English for students in the 1st or 2nd year leading to end of week Theatrical presentation. A project which repeats annually for 1 whole week of school lessons.
- Easy Speaking di Amanda PasquarelliTeaching English as a Foreign Language, 2009 - 2012Teaching English as a Foreign Language Easy Speaking di Amanda Pasquarelli September 2009 – June 2012 (2 years 10 months)Fontanaldo, Ancona, Italia Teaching of English as a Foreign Language (Various large companies based in Fabriano) teaching : Advanced Business English courses, including professional speaking and presentation for meetings etc, mostly with company Directors, Managers or advanced level students.
- I.T.I.S. “ A. MERLONI” (Technical Institute)Teaching English as a Foreign Language, 2006 - 2010Teaching English as a Foreign Language I.T.I.S. “ A. MERLONI” (Technical Institute) September 2006 – June 2010 (3 years 10 months)Fabriano, Ancona, Italia 2006 – 2010 ‘English 4 You’ language course programs for PET, FCE and in-class language speaking program "Speaking in English" project - full co-operation with class teachers and preparation of project reports, Teacher training
- Dante Alighieri – Caggiari di AnconaTeaching English as a Foreign Language, 2007 - 2010Teaching English as a Foreign Language Dante Alighieri – Caggiari di Ancona October 2007 – May 2010 (2 years 8 months)Fabriano, Ancona, Italia Teaching of English as a Foreign Language (7 hours a week); Cambridge PET exam supervisor
- Museo della Carta e della FiligranaTour Guide, 2005 - 2006Tour Guide Museo della Carta e della Filigrana April 2005 – April 2006 (1 year 1 month)Fabriano, Ancona, Italia Short term special contract for Museum Tour Guide
- Lingua Viva di Rossini MarinaTeaching English as a Foreign Language, 1999 - 2003Teaching English as a Foreign Language Lingua Viva di Rossini Marina January 1999 – November 2003 (4 years 11 months)Fabriano, Ancona, Italia Teaching English as a Foreign Language: Beginners, Intermediate, Advanced [individual and group lessons); Local elementary State school - Aldo Moro – in the role of English Native Speaker Interpreting and Translations of professional and technical manuals and documents Exam preparation for English Language Certificates from Cambridge, ie: PET, FCE, CAE, Business English proficiency.
- Liceo Classico Statale 'STELLUTI'Native English Speaker, 1999 - 2000Native English Speaker Liceo Classico Statale 'STELLUTI' September 1999 – June 2000 (10 months)Fabriano, Ancona, Italia English Native Speaker for English speaking program at the local LICEUM for Classical Studies for students in the 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th years.
- Istituto Professionale di Stato per il Commercio E. Medi - ChiaravalleRegional Course in English Communication, 1998 - 1999Regional Course in English Communication Istituto Professionale di Stato per il Commercio E. Medi - Chiaravalle - September 1998 – June 1999 (10 months)Chiaravalle, Ancona Regional Course in English Communication at the local school Institute for Professional development.
- Easy Languages di Claudio PorcarelliTeaching English as a Foreign Language, 1994 - 1998Teaching English as a Foreign Language Easy Languages di Claudio Porcarelli June 1994 – July 1998 (4 years 2 months)Jesi, Ancona, Italy Teaching English as a Foreign Language: Beginners, Intermediate, Advanced [individual and group lessons); Local State schools - Cupramontana, Polverigi – in the role of Native English Speaker Interpreting and Translations of professional and technical manuals and documents Exam preparation for English Language Certificates from Cambridge, ie: PET, FCE, CAE, etc.
- Moda In S.a.s. Italy di Torresi Nives e Co.Director and proprietor of Import & Export Consultancy company, 1992 - 1994Director and proprietor of Import & Export Consultancy company Moda In S.a.s. Italy di Torresi Nives e Co. May 1992 – December 1994 (2 years 8 months)Ancona, Italy Director and proprietor of Import & Export Consultancy company dealing with Australian Manufacturers exporting to Europe. Successful marketing realisations with the Standa and Rinascente groups, all sales approved by Austrade and Australian Consulate – Milan. Preparation of Marketing appraisal reports for various Italian and Australian companies.
- N.R.F. Clothing Mfrs. Pty. Ltd.Director of Fashion Co-ordination and Marketing Australiawide, 1988 - 1992Director of Fashion Co-ordination and Marketing Australiawide N.R.F. Clothing Mfrs. Pty. Ltd. January 1988 – May 1992 (4 years 5 months)Melbourne, Victoria, Australia Director of Fashion Co-ordination and Marketing Australiawide Export to USA and Europe Fashion Trimmings & Fabrics buying in Asia
- Italian Style Diffusion Australasia Pty. Ltd.Victorian Representative for launching of TRUSSARDI in Australia., 1986 - 1987Victorian Representative for launching of TRUSSARDI in Australia. Italian Style Diffusion Australasia Pty. Ltd. January 1986 – December 1987 (2 years)Sydney, NSW, Australia Set up offices and selling point in Melbourne, liased with floor staff at launch stores.
- Nancy of Roma Fashions Pty. LtdFashion Co-ordinator & Marketing Executive, 1983 - 1985Fashion Co-ordinator & Marketing Executive Nancy of Roma Fashions Pty. Ltd. April 1983 – December 1985 (2 years 9 months)Melbourne, Victoria, Australia Managed full Design Team from childrenswear to ladieswear, Fashion following in overseas markets of trend, Sales Range co-ordinator for large buying groups : Venture, K-Mart, Target, Best & Less, Myer, David Jones. Overseas buying of fabrics, trimmings, research of new trimmings & markets.
- Teacher TrainingEnglish Teaching Language Programs, 2010 - 2015Cambridge and Oxford English Teaching Language Programs October 2012 London Language Seminars, Online Webinars, Various Certificates of Attendance for Language Teaching Seminars 2010 – 2013
- Provincia di AnconaServizio Formazione Professionale, 2005 - 2005Provincia di Ancona – Servizio Formazione Professionale Fabriano, Ancona, Italy Operatore Cartario “Lavorente Mastro Chartaio”, Certificate for Making Paper by Hand as per the early Rennaissance period (circa 1250 AD) 2005 – 2005
- Swinburne University of TechnologyBachelor of Economics (incomplete), Business, Management, Marketing, and Related Support Services, 1981 - 1983Swinburne University Melbourne, Victoria, Australia Bachelor of Economics (incomplete), Business, Management, Marketing, and Related Support Services 1981 – 1983
- Preston Institute of Technology MelbourneTertiary Orientation Program [TOP Certificate], 1980 - 1982Preston Institute of Technology Melbourne, Victoria, Australia Tertiary Orientation Program [TOP Certificate] 1980
- Heidelberg High School, Melbourne, Victoria, AustraliaHSC Higher School Certificate, Higher School Certificate [HSC Certificate]., 1978 - 1978Heidelberg High School, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia HSC Higher School Certificate, Higher School Certificate [HSC Certificate]. 1978 – 1978
- Stotts CollegeCertificate of Bookkeeping to Trial Balance, Certificate of Typing and Allied Clerical Proceedings, 1975 - 1976Stott’s Business College Melbourne, Victoria, Australia Certificate of Bookkeeping to Trial Balance, Certificate of Typing and Allied Clerical Proceedings 1975 – 1976
Adorable Animated Mice Explain Meditation in 2 Minutes | Mindful
Dan Harris and Happify bring you the cutest meditation instruction ever.
Student Engagement in E-Learning Environment Online Class by Jim Baker
Highlights:*The change from teaching to learning*Helping learners maximize their learning by ‘Flipping’ and ‘Twiducate’*Using the ‘Cloud’*Ac
TWT: Connect for Free Open Learning Online Class by Integrating Technolo...
The presenter will discuss connectivism and open learning and teaching as a way to learn. Connecting for Learning Uploaded by Integrating Te
TWT: Evaluating Online Courses Online Class by Integrating Technology 4 ...
The presenter will share quality matters rubric and evaluating online courses. Read the following blog post for more information.
MM6: Professional Learning Networks for Lifelong Learners Online Class b...
Rosmery Ribera Ferrier will discuss Professional Learning Networks for Lifelong LearnersAfter this webinar, you will be able to build your o
MM6: How to Motivate Learners in Online Learning Environments Online Cla...
Ebba Ossiannilsson, PhD, E-learning, OER, MOOC and online expert and consultant, especially regarding quality. Ossiannilsson is a Project Ma
Anxious? This Mindfulness Website Animates Letting Go of Your Negative T...
Have a little fun with what's bothering you. Take 60 seconds to try Pixel Thoughts.
Mindful Responds to New York Times' "The Muddied Meaning of Mindfulness"...
People take up mindfulness for different reasons. Does that mean it's muddied?
Teaching with Technology: Collaborative Teamwork with Technology Online ...
In this class, we will discuss collaborative teamwork and technology for learning. Watch the following YouTube video and read the article th
SLMOOC15: VIRTLANTIS Free Virtual World Language Learning Resource Onlin...
Kip Boahn (aka Kip Yellowjacket in Second Life): Co-creator of VIRTLANTIS, a free language learning resource and community of practice in Se
Feeling Overwhelmed? Remember the "RAIN" mindfulness practice | Mindful
Practicing mindfulness can help us alleviate insecurities by learning self-compassion through a mindfulness meditation called the RAIN pract
Two Great Tools to Use on Google Drive ~ Educational Technology and Mobi...
November 14, 2014. Over the last couple of months, Google added several new updates and features to Google Drive the latest of which is the