I made an amateur attempt at tearing down a Pace STB that our local telecom - Elisa is phasing out, trying to figure out a way to put a generic Linux on there. Poked around a bit with a scope, but couldn't even find the serial console. Any ideas anyone?
4 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 6 previous comments
- Hi Teemu! Maybe it can work, but I would expect the updates to be signed. Perhaps we can download them and poke around. Yes, a MITM approach seems best, if we don't find JTAG, or the bootloader serial console. Another approach can be exploiting a vulnerability in the web browser which is used to provide the STB interface.
That said, I have very little time for that now. And that's going to be until I finish my intensive Finnish courses, which should be some time in the beginning of Summer.
However, if you'd like, we can meet on a weekend and try to poke at it for a couple hours, if you're living somewhere in the Helsinki region.Feb 22, 2016
- A great idea but unfortunately I am living in far north, 1200 km from Helsinki. But I'll keep you updated if I find something new with that device. Keep in touch with this!Feb 27, 2016
- Ah, yes that's definitely too long for a weekend trip :) Thanks, yes, please write if you have any news, and perhaps I'll return to this in the summer.Feb 27, 2016
- ,,,mmm i try to to changue the sofware...Sep 5, 2016
- подключал к роутеру с OpenWRT через патч корд
сканил новый подключеный хост NMAP'ом на наличие открытых портов.
Пингуется хорошо но все порты закрыты...
Есть идея поставить приставку перед прокси и посмотреть куда обращается приставка для обновления.
Ребзя если будут какие то методы получения консоли
черканите в группу: http://vk.com/cyberunitJul 7, 2017
- Jul 7, 2017
Add a comment...