Again, about this specific case #TheGuardian writes about: at least #Google offers a very decent way of backing up and downloading all(?) of your personal data. So, if there's real value in your online account, backing up should be close to a religious thing.
The service is live today for people with Android phones in the UK and in Estonia.
This feature, when supported by your network, sends location from your phone to emergency services when you dial an emergency number. This uses the same location technologies available to apps on your phone, including Wi-Fi, GPS, and cell towers, to produce a more reliable emergency location both indoors and outdoors.
This feature is solely for the use of emergency service providers, and location is never seen or handled by Google. It is sent from your handset to emergency services only when you explicitly place an emergency call, either directly or through your mobile network.
Learn more on the Google Europe blog:
- Luleå kommun, Sweden: TunaskolanTeacher, 2001 - presentLanguage teacher: Swedish, EnglishPedagogical use of ITIT teacher training: nation wide Practical IT and Media examinatorInternational school collaboration; EU eTwinning ambassador
- Focusing on communication and media in educationTeacher, 2012
- Luleå kommun, Sweden: RåneskolanTeacher, 1996 - 2001
Tunaskolan, Luleå Sweden
- Teacher in Swedish and English; certified ICT teacher trainer, GAFE superadmin and EU eTwinning ambassador promoting international collaboration whenever I can
- Hosting monthly EdTech focused public Hangouts On Air - see Be Smart OnAir Page and my YouTube channel
- Using Google Apps for Education daily at work - mostly through Google Classroom
- Twitter handle: niiloa
- Blog: www.dvis.se
- Film and photography fan
- Karlstad Universityweb publishing in schools, presentEditorial approach to web publishing: students working as journalists with global audience
- Stockholm UniversityEconomics, presentBA in Economics
- Stockholm Universitypedagogy, presentTeacher in Swedish and English, ages 13-15
Social Media News and Web Tips – Mashable – The Social Media Guide
Social Media news blog covering cool new websites and social networks: Facebook, Google, Twitter, MySpace and YouTube. The latest web techno
Boomerang for Gmail | Plugin for Firefox and Chrome
Boomerang for Gmail is a plugin for Firefox and Chrome that lets you schedule sending and receiving emails, helping you reach Inbox Zen.
Bombfellows! This Site Does Your Clothes Picking For You
Bombfell uses personal information to suggest stylist-approved clothing for men.