In this post I want to answer to two questions and present Romania as it is. First of all I want to say, I am proud to be a Romanian, I am proud that I was born and raised in such a beautiful country and I wish I can change things, but it got to a point that no matter what you do it doesn’t matter. You have to know some facts about my country before you can judge me and all Romanian peoples, i will present them below with goods and bad.
Probably many of the readers of this post will not know about Romania, where is it, what is it, but now you have the chance. I am sure you all know about Transylvania (is in Romania) and the legends of Dracula :).
1. Many friends (foreigners) ask me “Why are you thinking to leave your country?”
2. Why foreigners presents us like gypsies and are afraid of us?
Early History facts:
1. The human remains found in ("The Cave of the Bones"), radiocarbon dated as being from cca. 40,000 years ago, represent the oldest known Homo sapiens in Europe.
Prior to the Roman conquest of Dacia, the territories between Danube and Dniester rivers were inhabited by various Thracian peoples, including the Dacians and the Getae.
2. Roman incursions under Emperor Trajan between 101–102 AD and 105–106 AD led to result that about half of the Dacian kingdom became a province of the Roman Empire called "Dacia Traiana". The Roman rule lasted 165 years. During this period the province was fully integrated to the Roman Empire and a sizeable part of the population was newcomers from other provinces. The Roman colonists introduced the Latin language. According to followers of the continuity theory, the intense Romanization gave birth to the Proto-Romanian language.
3. In the Middle Ages, Romanians lived in three Romanian principalities: Wallachia (Romanian: Țara Românească – "The Romanian Land"), Moldavia (Romanian: Moldova) and in Transylvania. The existence of independent Romanian voivodeships in Transylvania as early as the 9th century .
Romanians, a great contribution to the world:
1. inventor of INSULIN - Nicolae Paulescu
2. The Fountain Pen Inventor - Petrache Poenaru
3. Father of Modern Cybernetics - Stefan Odobleja
4. Cholera vaccine - Ioan Cantacuzino
5. The Inventor of Jet Plane - Henri Coanda
6. Dioramas - Inventor: Grigore Antipa
7. The Karpen Cell - Nicolae Vasilescu-Karpen
8. Ejector seat - Dragomir Anastase
1858 - Bucharest - the first city in the world that was illuminated by oil and the first oil refinery
1895 - D. Hurmuzescu - discover electroscope
1904 - Emil Racovita - founder of bio-speleology
1906, 18.03 - Traian Vuia - plane landing gear wheels with tires, with "I Vuia". This first successful takeoff without using any means helpful, only devices on board (in fact, the first plane in history)
1918 - Gogu Constantinescu - founded a new science: Sonics
1920 - George Botezatu - possible trajectories calculated the Earth - the Moon, used in preparation of the "Apollo" (whose father was Herman Oberth Sibiu), he was also head of the team of mathematicians who worked on the rocket project "Apollo" which led the first man on the moon
1962 - Ion Agarbiceanu - the first gas laser (helium neon) infrared radiation
The list is very long, you can find it with a simple search. It will surprise you to see a lot of products you use and change the history was invented by Romanians.
Where did we got, (modern Romania)?
1. Romanians are NOT gypsies like they are presented in some countries like UK and France.
2. Romanians, simple people, are NOT stealing, they are one of the honest people.
3. Romanians, are the most hard-workers out there, you will never find such hard-workers in any EU country.
Before you argue with me, yes, we have some opposite people, like every country has, it would be impossible not to be so.
Despite all the facts I will present below, you will find it impossible to believe that Romanians still has “the power” to smile, to be optimistic, to dream and to be honest.
Some facts about the living in Romania:
1. Child allocation is about 10$ (per month)
2. Base salary it’s about 220$ (per month) that is about about 1.5 dollars/hour.
3. Renting an apartment (500 square foot) it’s starting from 200$ (per month)
4. A medium electricity bill it’s about 35$ for an apartment (per month)
5. A medium natural gas bill in winter time it’s about 40$ for an apartment (per month)
6. A medium utilities bill (water, trash etc) it’s about 40$ for an apartment (per month)
7. A medium TV+phone+internet bill it’s about 20$ (per month)
I just presented the mandatory bills, except the TV/Phone/Internet bill which can be consider as “comfort”. If you do the math, it’s practical impossible to live in such conditions, 220$ salary and 300$ costs, where you add the cost of food…
Other facts about Romania:
1. The prices of a apartment in a crowed neighbourhood (500 square foot) made by semi-fabrics (concrete tiles) with 0 quality it’s about 50.000$
2. The prices of cloths are double than US for example.
3. The prices of electronics are double than US for example.
4. The prices of food it more expensive then Germany and similar to any other country.
5. The price of gas it about 5.8$/ gallon, that’s one of the most expensive gas in the world.
This are just some facts about the prices, just to make you an idea.
Tax facts about Romania:
1. Romania It's on 10th place at taxes and TOP 3 at number of them (few hundred), some tax are absurd, I think the only thing we don’t tax is air.
2. we have one of the biggest VAT in the world, 24%
3. we change the legislations practically “over-night”
4. Every day it pass, you hear about tax raises and new taxes.
So, after we are the poor the state tax us to the point that it suffocate us.
Other sad facts about Romania:
- It's on first place at the number of churches, there are MORE churches than hospitals + schools + orphanage's + homeless shelters all together and there are building more everyday.
- There are more than 1 million of declared gypsies, in reality about 2.5 million (from 16 millions peoples that are still living in the country) and the number increase rapidly, they make 7-10 children's / women. They don't work even if you offer them, they prefer to steal, to live from welfare, to beg and so on.
- There are more than 5 millions retired (from 16 millions peoples living in the country) and the number increase.
- There are more than 7 millions social assisted (from 16 millions peoples living in the country) and the number increase.
- Have the highest corruption in Europe, aprox. 40% (in reality more...)
- 50% of the families declare that NO member it's working (are unemployed) and 25% declare they have just 1 member employed.
- Romanians have only half the purchasing power of the average European.
- 45% of Romanian people doesn't even have a toilet in the house.
- Romania it's a top country at college graduates BUT it's on first place at illiterates (more than 30%).
- Romania it's the only country that bans the prostitution totally (reasons of morality), BUT it's on first place in "exports" of prostitutes, more than Russia and Ukraine.
- Has the lowest absorbtions of U.E. funds with the highest U.E. funds stolen.
- Laws are unstable and totally unpredictability. In the past year, the Government amended all laws governing the functioning of companies, without consulting them. Tax Code actually changed overnight.
- everyday on TV you see only corruption to the highest levels (prime-ministers, presidents and so one)
- they give a law (in Ukraine context) that every man between 22 and 35 must to to war if something happens. Why? to defend what?
So now you know about Romania and why majority of Romanians run away from Romania to other countries. This are just some of the facts, I will update them when I have time. #romania #romaniafrumoasa #romanian #transylvania #transylvanian #corruption #poorness #poor #poverty #european #europeanunion #eu #illiterate #illiteracy #steal #country #economy #economics #gypsy #gypsies #history #dracula #castle #citadel #church #churches #europe #tax #law #money #taxes #country #photo #pictures #landscape