While I'm here singing Gen Con's praises, it strikes me as a good time to remind everyone that now is the time to apply to be a Featured Presenter for the Industry Insider program at this year's convention. I believe you have to be logged in to start your submission.
What is Required of an Industry Insider Featured Presenter?
Gen Con Industry Insider Featured Presenters must attend Gen Con 2015 and are asked to ...
* Participate in 3-5 seminars/panels over the course of the four days; flexibility is key.
* Submit topics you are interested in and would like to host at the show. We encourage you to host interactive events such as workshops. The topics you submit will be incorporated into the events being offered under the Industry Insider program. Topics should be broad enough for other featured presenters to participate with you. Only fellow, current Industry Insider Featured Presenters are permitted to participate in panels as part of the event offerings in the Industry Insider program. You can submit events separately outside of the Industry Insider program should you want to discuss topics with friends/colleagues that are not featured presenters.
At the end of the submission process, you will be required to agree to Terms & Conditions which outlines your involvement, this will serve as a contract moving forward.
What do Industry Insider Featured Presenters Get In Return?
Gen Con offers the following ...
* A complimentary "Industry Insider" badge (good for all fours days of the show)
* Highlighted on our website and in a dedicated section of the program book with your picture and bio
* A hotel code that allows access to an exclusive block of “self-pay” rooms just for Industry Insider Featured Presenters (you are responsible for acquiring your room and covering the costs)
* Access to the VIG Lounge located in the Convention Center. The VIG Lounge offers a comfy lounge setting and seating areas, free Wi-Fi, and complementary drinks among other things.
* Early access to the Exhibit Hall on Thursday morning
Key Industry Insider Dates/Deadlines for 2015
Request for Consideration Open March 12 – April 2
Advisory Panel: Presenter & Topic Review/Selection April 2 - 23
Featured Presenter Notification On/Around April 17
Picture Deadline April 30
Featured Presenters: Topic Review May 1 – May 8
Event Registration Opens May 17
* Dates are subject to shift/change as time is needed
How the Process Works ...
Interested individuals introduce themselves using the online form. (Please note that submitting does not mean you are automatically accepted into the program.)
The Industry Insider Advisory Panel reviews the forms and makes selections (based on individual and topics)
Individuals are notified either way regarding their status
The Advisory Panel selects the topics, based on submissions, which makes up the event programming for Industry Insider program. The panel also recommends panelists (from the current Industry Featured Presenter list) who will take part in the discussions.
Featured Presenters will have an opportunity to review the topics and fellow panelists they have been selected for