Hangout On Air frustration. Hello much estimated and valued G+ colleagues. Please can you help me to unlock a HOA mystery?
My last two HOA public events were abandoned as when I invited my guests to join me in the green room they did not get the invitation or see the join button. Has G+ changed something? The steps we take in preparation are outlined below. I value your thoughts and consideration.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR GUESTS
1. Make sure you have a Gmail address and Google+ account. If you don’t, follow these instructions:-
1.1 Click on this link and follow the instructions – https://accounts.google.com/Signup
1.2 Open your new Google+ profile (part of the Google account) and add information about you
2. Visit Select Your Franchise’s and Nick Strong’s Google+ page and add the page to your circles (we will then add you to our circles)
3. Make sure your privacy settings (both the general settings and the settings of the circle where you included Select Your Franchise) allow you to receive notifications and invitations to participate in events and Hangouts
4. You will be notified by Select Your Franchise about the time and date of the Hangout On Air
5. On the day of the event (about 1 hour before the beginning of the Hangout), you should receive a notification/email letting you know you have been invited to join the Hangout On Air hosted by Select Your Franchise as a guest/participant in the discussion. You should then accept this invitation and join the Hangout in the preparation area (the “Green Room”)
MY GUESTS ARE NOT GETTING THE INVITATION SO CANNOT JOIN THE EVENT!
NOTE: If by any chance you don’t receive a notification/email, you will need to go to Select Your Franchise’s Google+ page, look for the event post published on the page’s wall and click the green button ‘Join’ (THIS IS NOT AVAILABLE TO THEM SO STEP 7 CANNOT HAPPEN)
7. You will then enter the preparation area (the “Green Room”), where the host is preparing the Hangout before going live.
-Click START (this activates the Green Room ONLY)
A new window will pop up, allowing you to invite your guests (up to 9 + you). Invite them to join the Green Room:
-You should see a blue box with the message ‘Invitation Posted’
I SEE THIS BUT THE GUEST DOES NOT GET MY INVITATION NOR SEE THE JOIN BUTTON - Your guests should be notified via Google+/Gmail.