Facebook is learning how difficult it is to build a smartphone.
53 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 17 previous comments
- Neo-AOL mindset driving device design? Can't work.May 27, 2012
- its appcenter isn't an app store, those are iOS and andriod apps, it's just a place for developers to promote apps of other OS. Facebook DOES NOT have an ecosystem.May 27, 2012
- did facebook really take in 16 billion from its IPO? someone was saying it in another thread, a large part of the issue is from existing equity holders who now cashing out. anyone knows how much is actually new issue?
they could try to buy RIM, but it'd take like 6 months to complete the deal, then another year to launch a new phone.May 27, 2012
- it's MS's ecosystem, not facebook. how much control does Facebook have over it? not much.May 27, 2012
- they are late to the party by 4 years, but anyhow best of luck to them eh.May 28, 2012
- Yes, I believe the majority (If not all?) was existing shares held by early shareholders who were cashing out (Zuckerberg, Private equity, etc). Not sure about the second round of issues that will be coming soon (Which NYSE is trying to get after the Nasdaq debacle). Though I'm not sure exactly when they are planning to do the next round of issues or whether they will be newly issued stock or existing shares.May 28, 2012