My column this week: my smartphone has now eliminated the need for a wallet. Buh-bye!
42 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
- I've done the same thing! Now I wait for someone to make an Identification application (government approved or something?) so I can stop carrying around my plastic ID card.Dec 9, 2012
- Well, now that Square.com offers the ability to add a tip, it's pretty easy to do for those vendors who use the service.Dec 9, 2012
- I've not found a good general-purpose payment app. Square is nice but so far aside from Starbucks I haven't found a place I regularly shop at that takes it. I can't wait until more places accept payment like that or Starbucks' app.Dec 9, 2012
- Google wallet?Dec 9, 2012
- Google wallet is only available on Sprint and, until major carriers can come to an agreement about NFC, mobile payment options will be quite limited in the US. The next eighteen months will be key.Dec 9, 2012