- Independent Designer2006 - presentSpecializing in collateral materials for small businesses with a focus on product labeling for hi-end wines, microbrew beers, and gourmet food.
- Dorothy Lane MarketDirector of Graphic Arts & Social Media, 1998 - presentBuilt the in-house department from the ground up. Design and oversee design that develops, compliments and furthers the DLM brand strategy including but not limited to: private labels, in-store signage, customer newsletters, illustrations, photography, and digital publishing. Also manage product timelines and buying from print vendors. Additionally responsible for developing and implementing the company's social media presence.
Hi, I’m Nick. I create awesome. I almost became a comic book artist but I found out quickly that I wasn’t very good at it. That’s when I discovered what I was really great at: graphic design. I‘ve been a graphic designer and illustrator since 1998 and I have been drawing in some capacity or another most of my life. Professional turn-ons include: working with small businesses, gourmet foodies, and local non-profits. I like to help folks with their graphic design, illustration, branding, art direction, and creative strategy needs. I’ve spent most of my career freelancing and building an in-house graphic design department from the ground up. Other things I love: illustrating my dreamlike ideas, photographing whatever captures my imagination, watching Netflix...and eating cookies. Don’t worry, I walk off the cookies on long hikes. I’d love to help you instigate your awesome. Let’s chat.
- Sinclair Community CollegeVisual Communications, 1993 - 1997
- Joe Kubert School of Cartoon & Graphic ArtGraphic Design, 1992 - 1992
- HOW Design LiveGraphic Design, 2005 - 2008Networked with fellow creatives while learning current design industry trends and practices.
- HOW Design LiveGraphic Design, 2010 - 2013Networked with fellow creatives while learning current design industry trends and practices.
- Creative Freelancer ConferenceGraphic Design, 2008 - 2010Networked with fellow design business owners to improve how we work.