For any of you wavering on gun control, I hope you'll read this column about an incident involving a goose. And pass it on!
65 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 7 previous comments
- "So am I to take it that this guy actually thinks that a couple of dumbasses over-reacting over a goose is a great representation of how the majority of Americans would react? "
I think this line from the article answers your question. "The N.R.A. is right that most guns are used safely, but it’s also true that guns are more likely to cause tragedies than to avert them."
If you took the time you could read the clearly cited 2010 article http://www.news-medical.net/news/20100204/Guns-in-homes-can-increase-risk-of-death-and-firearm-related-violence.aspx , instead of just making a criticism for including a 1993 article that makes a similar point.Jan 17, 2013
- I can do and buy the exact same things at a gun shop today that I could 2 days ago. So what is it people are so upset about?
Conservatives in this fight are seeing a sheep and crying wolf!
By making Obama's lip service to liberals the climax of liberal unconstitutionality, and liberals actually buying that Obama's exec. orders are of any real accomplishment, both sides in this drama end up sounding like chumps.
People cry wolf because we fear wolves. If an executive order is the conservatives' wolf, it speaks more to their fears than it does to the wolf's strengths.
The Republican's won here & now...no bans will be passed. But, I would argue they also lost in the longer political implications.
Great article I don't confront any strange happenings in the night, in my home without my 1911...is that because I'm paranoid, or because I have one? Would I shrug the noise off if I didn't have a gun to make me feel safer about the confrontation?Jan 17, 2013
- And yet the NRA or the Republican party doesn't want to legalize fully automatic weapons or anything bigger than a peashooter. They make so much sense. I love how they get to draw the line themselves as if their interpretation of the 2nd amendment says anything about the size or caliber of weapons that one can own.Jan 17, 2013
- I've been making this same argument to some of my friends who are gun fanatics, though not as eloquently. I am all for the right to bear arms but it does need to be regulated.Jan 17, 2013
- We're a liberal country that likes a small government and as much personal freedom as possible, but since the 1800's we've grown up and have learned that we have to set limits. Just like we love free market capitalism but we still have labor laws, a minimum wage and antitrust laws.Jan 18, 2013
- According to CDC statistics, there are about 15,000 accidental firearms nonfatal injuries every year and have been for at least the past dozen years. Something over 10% of these are to children.Jan 21, 2013