- Manchester Metropolitan UniversityInternational Business, 2006 - 2010
- Trinity Catholic School
- Pole Star DigitalFounder & CEO, 2015 - presentNed Poulter is CEO & Founder of Pole Star Digital, a Digital Marketing Consultancy he runs alongside a number of entrepreneurial ventures. He spends his time developing and overseeing digital strategy for a number of well reputed international clients, developing creative approaches to achieving organic search results, increasing inbound traffic, establishing and managing paid search campaigns and ultimately driving revenue.
- AvitaDigitalCo-Founder, 2013 - 2015• Launched, grew and successfully exited a digital marketing consultancy in Copenhagen, Denmark • Approached, signed and worked with a number of leading brands, including: Børsen (Denmark’s leading financial paper e.g. FT.com), Miinto (individually covering Norway, Sweden, Denmark and the Netherlands) and Hungry.dk • Core focus on offering: Digital Strategy development and consulting, SEO, Paid Search, Conversion Rate Optimisation, Web Analytics and Content Strategy • Managed all marketing-based activities to raise brand awareness and generate new business. Tasks included: blogging in well reputed industry sites, social media, public speaking, website development & maintenance • Streamlined all new business efforts, developed internal processes and documentation for all client deliverables • Carried out various administrative activities involved in running a business, including: accounting, legal, control of payments and delegation/management of resource
- MiintoSEO Manager, 2013 - 2014Main internal stakeholder for all SEO related activity, covering local presences across: Denmark, Sweden, Norway, the Netherlands and Spain. Personally responsible for creating, executing and managing all SEO activity and staff in local and international marketing teams. Key focus areas: • Link Development: Developing and overseeing internal link development process. Generating link development tactics, international reporting processes and analysing activity to communicate to local MDs and senior stakeholders. • Content Marketing: Constructing internal content development process, ensuring a dedicated focus on SEO influencing factors. Expanding future content development by analysing successful content to iterate future production on a results-based approach. • Information Architecture: Revised entire product categorisation structure for upwards of 100,000 products. Researching and re-mapping based on user feedback taken from focus groups and local language research. • Technical SEO: Working collaboratively with the internal technical team to create specification for, and overseeing tech-based product releases to ensure SEO best practice was adhered to. • Analytics & Reporting: Fashioned internal SEO reporting for individual markets and global group activity. Analysing and interpreting results to integrate into achieving broader business objectives.
- QuirkSEO Manager, 2012 - 2013• Developing full-scale ongoing SEO strategies for a number of key clients including: Norton Rose Fulbright, Notonthehighstreet.com & SABMiller • Working as a central part to the business development team, identifying & engaging leads then operating as part of the pitching team • Operating as the point of contact in the UK for SEO and technical consultancy • Conceptualising SEO training sessions and delivering them internally, to agency partners and to PR firms
- QuirkEngage Strategist, 2011 - 2012• Conducted full site and mobile site technical SEO audits, some including in-depth CMS discovery sessions • Large scale strategy development including: SEO, PPC and social media • Conducted detailed audits and analysis of clients social media assets • Provided consultation, campaign set-up and creative input into a variety of clients campaigns, including: SEO, PPC, PYV video advertising and Facebook advertising for a number of top clients • Developing & delivery of in-agency and external SEOSchool sessions for knowledge share & upskilling of whole team
- Global Vision InternationalVolunteer, 2011 - 2011
- PushONAnalyst & Search Marketing Consultant, 2010 - 2011• Graduate position working in an intimate specialist SEO agency. Enhancing an already well rounded understanding of the digital industry, developing strong analytical skills & advanced usage of Excel • Provided consultation and creative input into campaigns across a variety of digital media channels including: SEO, PPC, social media advertising, content creation & blogging and corporate social media usage • Collecting and analysing raw data to create actionable insights to assist my team in anything from pitch stage and new client acquisition, to improvement of individual client online marketing campaigns • Acted as account manager for a number of accounts in varying sizes of business. Responsible for providing regular reports, allocating budgets & developing campaign strategy; communicating with various levels of seniority
- Warner Bros Pictures InternationalMarketing Assistant, 2008 - 2009• Sandwich year placement assisting media team marketing all theatrical releases across 39 EMEA territories • Assisted local & Pan-European campaign management from budget allocation through to campaign activation • Provided creative input and assisted strategic media planning across a variety of media types including: SEO, print, on air, online, social media, in-game and mobile • Acted as a key contact between local WB EMEA teams, creative agencies and media partners • Personally managed the creation and implementation of Pan-European advertising campaign and competition mechanic across 7 territories on air, Xbox Live, MSN Mobile and online for The Hangover and Yes Man • Responsible for maintaining regular reports, booking travel, compiling expenses and additional admin activities
- Diana AwardAmbassador, 2003
- Global Vision InternationalAmbassador, 2011
- MiintoHead of Digital, 2013 - 2014Globally responsible for all digital marketing activities across Miinto Group - covering local presence in Denmark, Sweden, Norway, the Netherlands and Spain. Personally responsible for development of all digital marketing related products, establishing and overseeing digital strategy and managing both international and local marketing teams. Particular focus on SEO, PPC and eCRM. Key focus areas: • SEO: Developing and ensuring execution of international SEO strategy, reviewing all tech-based product releases for SEO best practice and operating as main internal stakeholder for SEO across Miinto Group. • PPC: Optimising European PPC accounts across a variety of paid platforms, including (but not limited to): Google AdWords, Criteo, Sociomantic, Facebook Advertising and AdCore. • eCRM: Developing and optimising eCRM strategy across all markets aimed at increasing lead generation, customer re-order rate and overall customer lifetime value (CLTV). • Product Development: Increasing site UX and optimising for improvements in site conversion rates in co-operation with external experts. • Analytics & Reporting: Chiefly responsible for maintaining all digital marketing reporting, delivering detailed insight and analysis that feed into broader business objectives. • Budget Management: Setting and allocating digital marketing budget across entire Miinto Group based on in-depth research, forecasting and critiquing proposals.
Should be an excellent & insightful day, plus it will be good to catch up with some great friends too!
Share this post through your favourite channels - Google+, Facebook, Twitter you name it! - and win a ticket for the famous SEOktoberfest Charity BBQ, a unique opportunity to rub elbows with the who’s who of the SEO industry such as
What do I have to do: Just share this post on Google+ or Facebook or Twitter or whatever you like best, including the hash tags #SEOktoberfest #SearchBrothers so we can find your post. Blog posts with # tags count, too.
How much is the ticket worth: 1500€
When, where is the SEOktoberfest Charity BBQ: Munich, 24th September 2014
What is the SEOktoberfest Charity BBQ all about: It’s the equivalent of a Super Bowl Sunday of the SEO industry. For more information please check -> http://www.seoktoberfest.net/bbq.html
How do you choose a winner: We will pick a random person among those who shared. Sharing in multiple channels will increase your chances by end of day Monday September 15th.
Last month I attended Canvas Conference in Birmingham, UK. I thoroughly enjoyed myself, so I decided to write up my experience and also share the videos of most of the talks throughout the day.
Read/view these for yourself here...
Great Example of Practicing what they preach
Have heard only GREAT things from a wide range of digital marketing experts, the line up of speakers is world class and the entire event looks like it has it all.
What's more it's VERY affordable. Grab one of the last 213 remaining tickets here, now!
Quirk 2011 Showreel | Ned Poulter's Blog | Internet Marketing Specia...
I will soon be starting my new job as Junior Engage Strategist at Quirk. Check out their amazing new showreel to see what they're all about!
How to use multiple sitemaps on one domain for geo-targeting - Local Search
This post was originally posted by Lisa Myers on Searchcowboys. Working with websites that targets several countries is always challenging,
Link Building Services | SEO Outsourcing Company - SEO Link Building
Home · Link Building · Monthly Link Building Packages · Directory Submissions · Guaranteed Directory Submissions · Regional Directory Submis
FREE Keyword Rank Checker Tool, Check Keyword Position on Google, Yahoo,...
Free keyword rank checker tool software designed for Google, Yahoo, Bing, Ask, and AOL. Batch check and track keyword position ranking on se
Adding and Editing captions / subtitles - YouTube Help
A caption file contains both the text and information about when each line of text should be displayed. A transcript file, on the other hand