These included online ridesourcing, carsharing, ridesharing, taxi hailing, static & real-time transit information, multi-modal apps, and virtual transit ticketing.
+Denver ranked #8
+SaltLakeCity ranked #24
Next: We'll explore the terminology and categorizations of emerging transportation/mobility technologies and what it means to be ranked #8 versus #24.
This study ranks 70 US cities by the number of high-tech mobile apps available to meet multi-modal #transportation needs. It's a great way to look at emerging #technology trends, # of services available in a city, # of service providers and which cities are early adopters (Austin) and which are lagging behind (Cheyenne, WY).
Stay tuned for more posts on Denver & Salt Lake City data as well as a rundown on the terminology they use to describe the "technology-enabled transportation services".
Today we’re announcing $20 million in grant funding through the Google Impact Challenge: Disabilities. We’re challenging the thinkers, the doers, and the builders to create technologies that can make a difference to the one billion people around the world living with a disability.
Together, let’s ask the right questions, find new answers, and build a better world, faster. Join us: g.co/ImpactChallengeDisability
- University of UtahMasters of City & Metropolitan Planning, 2010 - 2012
- University of UtahUrban Planning, 2008 - 2011
- Brigham Young University1996 - 1998
- Chatfield Senior High School1992 - 1996
My career path has touched on the ways that we all move, live, think and especially talk about the places in which we live. Cities and regions, just like individuals, are complex in nature and ever evolving in their behaviors.
The communities in which we live are facing unprecedented growth challenges that we have never before experienced in the history of the world. Maintaining the high quality of life we enjoy today will take increasing amounts of ingenuity, creativity and new leadership styles. Every day I get to work on the communications and public relations aspects of city and regional planning and am proud to have a voice in the important conversations that affect us all.
- Denver Regional Council of GovernmentsCommunications Coordinator, 2014 - present
- Envision UtahPublic Relations Director, 2013 - 2014
- Jane Jacobs WalkNational Director, 2009 - 2012
- Dept. of City & Metropolitan Planning, University of UtahAdjunct Instructor, 2010 - 2012
- EnterpriseGroup Marketing Manager, 2000 - 2006