Nathan bases much of his teaching on the work of Eckhart Tolle, "The Work" of Byron Katie, NLP (Neuro Linguistic Programming), and the teachings of Brian Finnie, Adyashanti, and Leonard Jacobson.
The core of his teaching is where he shows you how to attain (and maintain) inner peace by learning how to undo the thought patterns that cause suffering. Once you learn how to stop thinking, you are able to spend much of your time in silence, sometimes known as the present moment.
The bottom-line is you do not need to suffer. There is another way to live, one that will free you from the incessant mental noise and allow you to live in inner peace. In the absence of thought, no suffering can exist.
It might surprise you to know that your anxiety and depression is self-inflicted and is caused by your thoughts.
When you make use of mind training you will be able to reduce and even stop thinking for short or long periods of time. Here are some of the main benefits of a quiet mind:
• Living in silence for long periods of time, allows your body to do what it needs to do without the interference of thought.
• Thinking becomes like a box of tools, which you use when necessary, such as when building a house or solving a complex problem. When you're done, you stop thinking and return to silence.
• You will have a genuine experience of peace which only comes when thinking subsides.
• You will know who you are without the need for thought.
• In the silence you will feel joy bubbling up from within.
• You will experience true contentment.
• You will experience a love without opposites, where nothing is excluded.
All of this and more is available when the mind becomes silent.
I invite you to join the conversation.
Do you have a problem that needs resolution? Visit this URL: http://nathansegal.info/work-with-me/
Fill out the form and send it to me. We'll schedule a complimentary 20 minute session which will focus on your problem and create some strategies to resolve it. The call will be recorded and sent to you so you can listen to it later. Questions? Write to me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call me at 408 844-4851PDT#innerpeaceteachings
This Monday, we're going to talk about how to recover from anxiety and depression. I've created a one-question survey below. All the results will be collated and we'll talk about that on the show. To give you a heads-up on the question, here it is
If You Or A Loved One Suffers From Anxiety Or Depression, What Is Your Biggest Frustration?
Here is the link to the survey: http://nathansegal.info/survey/
If you want to speak with me directly, my phone number is 408 844-4851 PST. You can also write to me at admin AT nathansegal DOT org