Founder & Chief Marketing Engineer, 2013 - present
Nate Long is the Founder and Chief Marketing Engineer of Onward (formerly Nate Long Marketing). He's helped more than 100 businesses gain exposure, increase sales and build critical relationships with customers. Onward builds powerful, modern and responsive websites with passion and precision to ignite business growth using transparent pricing and process. Onward also offers the Perpetual Marketing Engine, building iterative marketing campaigns that actually get smarter and more effective over time. Learn more at OnwardEverMore.com.
Owner, Professional Disc Jockey, 2006 - present
Winner of the 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016 Bride's Choice Awards; the 2016 Best of The Knot; and the Tally Award for Best DJ in Tallahassee, Amplify Entertainment is a top-rated group of Tallahassee DJs specializing in weddings, corporate events, parties, mitzvahs, quinceañeras, family reunions and other celebrations. We perform more than 200 events each year.
While every wedding we perform is unique, the process to get there is the same. We work with you as a part of your wedding consulting team to ensure that each entertainment-related decision fits your style and vision for your wedding. No detail is overlooked and our Wedding Planning Kit ensures that your vision is made into reality on your wedding day.
Amplify Entertainment invented the incredibly popular Hey DJ! Mobile Request System, which allows event guests to make song requests with their iPhones, Android phones or even flip phones, using a mobile website app, text message or Twitter hashtag.
Amplify Entertainment also offers fully customizable monogram lighting, venue uplighting, premium dance floor lighting, digital karaoke and multiple A/V options for presentations. Amplify Entertainment's sound systems can accommodate groups as large as 1,000 or as small as 10 and still sound great. High-quality wireless microphones ensure ceremony officiants and reception speeches are heard by all.
Vascular Health Sciences
Director of Public Relations & Social Media Marketing, 2012 - 2013
• Grow brand awareness and loyalty through social media marketing for four brands using an integrated and accountable approach, including organic, grassroots, advertising, promotional and local efforts.
• Engage with brand fans and prospective or existing customers through social channels to promote customer service, connect and build networks and generate sales.
• Direct the company’s consumer-targeted public relations strategy and implementation, including campaign development, media and blogger relations, community participation, influencer alliances and feature/editorial writing.
• Direct the editorial direction of blog content for Arterosil.com and ArteryHealth.org. Manage and/or write daily blog content promoting health and wellness.
• Create, curate and share content relevant to the company’s target audiences to establish expertise, grow relevance and build trust.
• Lead and coordinate event marketing efforts, including securing speaking engagements, directing conference exhibition, managing sponsorships, and creating promotions. Network and engage with key groups and individual.
• Ensure and encourage a strong knowledge of regulatory guidelines as they relate to marketing and promoting dietary supplements and health products.
• Generated more than one million impressions from nearly 2,000 instances of online pick-up leading to more than 1,300 recorded actions taken from online exposure through public relations efforts within first three months of implementing PR strategy.
• Increased Facebook fan count of consumer product page from just more than 100 to nearly 10,000 with more than 1,500 people talking about the brand reaching nearly 230,000 people on Facebook weekly, within three months of launching a sophisticated and agile social content and ad strategy involving split-testing and highly targeted communications. Advertising costs per action, click and thousand reached levels significantly lower than industry standards.
Florida Public Relations Association - Capital Chapter
Director of Membership, 2012 - 2013
• Lead new member recruitment and membership retention initiatives for the largest chapter in Florida.
• Work in conjunction with Director of Communications to create and deliver benefits messaging to current and potential members.
• Submit membership reports to the board at each Board of Directors meeting.
• Direct the board's approval of new member applications and submit to the state office for processing.
• Plan and conduct an annual membership drive.
• Work with the state office to keep its records of chapter members accurate.
• Oversee the following chairs and committees:
- Student Liaison
- Diversity Committee
- Member Social Events Committee
- Senior Member Development Committee
Florida Public Relations Association - Capital Chapter
Emerging Technology Chair, 2009 - 2012
• 2011 FPRA Capital Chapter Member of the Year
• Manage FPRA Capital Chapter website communications.
• Lead Social Media Committee efforts for the Capital Chapter.
• Manage Capital Chapter online communications on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter.
• Educate Capital Chapter members about social media tactics and trends via column in the PRiority! newsletter.
Industry Relations Manager, 2010 - 2012
• Serve as marketing consultant to VISIT FLORIDA's nearly 12,000 industry Partners, strategic alliances and web affiliates in marketing opportunities. Ensure strong knowledge of all marketing, PR, promotions, sales and ad programs to improve engagement, loyalty and increase revenue streams.
• Manage industry communications -- including website, social media, email, direct mail and webinar messaging -- and direct customer relationship management of tourism industry businesses.
• Manage customer service processes covering relationships and communications with Partners, industry members and business leaders.
• Manage and monitor the Partner retention process to meet organizational Partner engagement, retention and revenue goals.
• Ensure strong knowledge of the organization’s CRM systems and processes. Maintain dashboard statistics related to Partner investment and participation, as well as B2B communication and marketing effectiveness. Recommend innovative improvements to the CRM system and processes to the IT Director.
• Oversee the three-member, Tallahassee-based Industry Relations team and the five-member Industry Relations Support Team call center that is responsible for data verification and voice-to-voice industry outreach.
• Serve as the organization’s primary contact for trade association agreements and sponsorships, as well as strategic alliance and holding company partnerships. Acquire new accounts, produce collateral and execute contract deliverables.
• Attend, exhibit, present and speak at tradeshows, events, conferences and meetings to tell the story of VISIT FLORIDA and promote the importance of tourism marketing.
• Serve as the department contact and advocate with the organization’s ad agency and internal creative services department for creating, developing and maintaining promotional collateral.
• Serve as cross–department primary team member to execute the Partner billing process to provide invoices, communicate and collect investments.
Public Relations Representative, 2008 - 2010
• Part of VISIT FLORIDA's marketing response team for the Deepwater Horizon oil situation, was in charge of social media messaging (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and social media releases).
• Responsible for more than 150 media placements for VISIT FLORIDA and its industry Partners. Placements in top national publications include Southern Living, Coastal Living, The Travel Channel, FoxNews.com, MSNBC.com, Orbitz.com, Atlanta Journal-Constitution, Boston Globe, Washington Post, New York Post, Orlando Sentinel, Miami Herald and the Chicago Tribune.
• Lead the 2009 Atlanta-Birmingham Media Mission, the 2010 Chicago Media Mission and the 2010 Washington, D.C.-Baltimore-Philadelphia Media Mission.
• Lead VISIT FLORIDA's PR efforts for the 2010 Conde Nast Media Reception.
• Work on seven media receptions and five media missions in top markets in 2009 and 2010 with VISIT FLORIDA Partners.
• Build and maintain mutually beneficial relationships of trust with VISIT FLORIDA Partners and journalists.
• Create and lead VISIT FLORIDA’s industry-targeted social media efforts, including managing the creation of industry/corporate messaging platform, SunshineMatters.org, and building social media messaging channels for the industry on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
• Manage and improve VISIT FLORIDA Partner Editorial Leads program to give Partners easier, more targeted access to journalists.
• Create the Quick/Urgent Leads programs for VISIT FLORIDA Partners and journalists on a short deadline.
• Create budgets for PR programs.
Public Relations Intern, 2008 - 2008
RB Oppenheim Associations
Public Relations Intern, 2008 - 2008
Auto Sales of Florida
Sales Associate & Office Manager, 2006 - 2007