This is a special program designed to help you get out and see the world and break the stigma that “it’s just to expensive” through the +G+ Mentorship Program for Photographers. I will be taking on a handful of people for a 7 week on-line mentorship program which will include lessons, assignments, and informal discussions. Everyone who participates can have fun and learn at the same time!
I’ve dedicated my life to travel photography. I’ve shot the northern lights past the arctic circle and thunderstorms in the desert. I’ve been in 15 countries this year, with more coming before the year is done. I’ve worked with master photographers and taught workshops in the Rocky Mountains. My aim and goal is to get people out experiencing the world we have.
PLEASE NOTE: I am currently in Bulgaria, so timezone issues may apply while we are getting this started. Later evening to nighttime for me is early morning to mid-day for you.
Selections will begin 11/17 for the mentorship beginning 11/20
These are the selection criteria:
• You must be taking and posting your own photographs regularly here on G+ –– an absolute minimum of three days between Public posts; more increases your chances of being selected. (The class itself will be private to the group selected except for the option of a public display album of your best work at the end.)
• You must be interactive here at G+, as you will be expected to participate in this program giving feedback and comments to others.
• You have no previous studies in this subject, since this program is designed for those who have not had the opportunity or advantage to add this skill set to their knowledge base.
• You have the time available to participate in this workshop.
To be considered for selection, please comment to the main post only, here:
(your application will not be seen at any reshares) and answer the following questions in your comment:
1) Photography skill level
2) Photo editing software used most
3) Favorite three subjects to photograph
4) Aspirations within photography
5) Current job or profession
6) Previous art studies
7) Amount of time you have available for participation
8) Do you currently have a passport
9) When was the last time you took a vacation
10) Where is your favorite place on earth
The is run by program directors 108215644829092784557 and
- Bank of Americapresent
- Cap Gemini America
- University of Phoenix
- Dallas Baptist University
The Calaca Project Old School Edition - Mel Kramer
Click the pic to enlarge, right click save as to abscond with This new series with spots of color is specific to friends I have known for ye
Win a FREE Nikon D800 or Canon 5D Mark III plus more!
SnapKnot along with Miller's Professional Imaging, SmugMug and BorrowLenses are giving away your choice of a brand new Nikon D800 or Canon 5
Largest-ever true-color photo of the night sky | EarthSky.org
The photographer trekked 60,000 miles (100,000 km) across the western United States and South Africa to create this massive composite image.
Watch Sky Over Mauna Kea in Stunning Time-Lapse | Video
Time-lapse of the observatories atop Mauna Kea, Hawaii created by Sean Goebel.
We Need a Fixer (Not Just a Maker) Movement | Wired Opinion | Wired.com
The 'maker movement' is a grassroots success story, refueling interest in engineering and giving kids practical skills with tools. But now w