It is particularly ironic that the men who perpetrated today's massacre in Paris were angry over satirical depictions of Muhammad, because in doing so they have forgotten the exact reason why his depiction was forbidden: because the depiction of animals or of people encourages idolatry.  Islam has always been profoundly careful to avoid even the slightest suggestion of veneration of anything other than God: even the time for the mid-day prayer begins just after the Sun has passed its zenith, to avoid the appearance of Sun worship. The purpose of the hadith is to prevent people from worshipping the Prophet, not to put the Prophet on a par with God.
No, the reason for this had nothing to do with holy writ, and everything to do with people who want the right to declare that they may not be insulted, that their pride has more value than human life. And any claim which can be enforced with bloodshed is a claim which comes from power -- and thus a claim which itself has no claim on immunity from mockery. Because they demand it must not be spoken, and because they wish to prevent it from being spoken by creating a fear of murder among anyone who speaks out, it must therefore be spoken.
In the spirit of this, here are several of the cartoons which Charlie Hebdo published which brought down this rage. As its cover I present the best possible summary of all: a picture of Muhammad, saying "It's hard to be loved by assholes."
 See e.g. Sahih al-Bukhari 3:34:318, http://www.usc.edu/org/cmje/religious-texts/hadith/bukhari/034-sbt.php#003.034.318
Messi 2nd ? Seriously people ? (Should have been 3rd or beyond...)
A gastronomic Christmas !
- Eiji Sawakita : "If you want to be the No. 1 in Japan, then so be it... in a Japan without me. I will go to United States at the end of summer."
- Kaede Rukawa : "United States ? I will go there too."
- Eiji Sawakita : "When ?"
- Kaede Rukawa : "Today ! After I beat you, I will go !"
(SLAM DUNK - Kaede Rukawa)
"Sannoh is the best team... until someone defeats them !"
"Sannoh est la meilleure equipe... jusqu'a ce qu'elle se fasse battre !"
"La destinée d'un champion est de conjuguer au plus-que-parfait pendant que les autres se contentent de l'imparfait."
- Imperial College LondonComputing, 2007 - 2011
- Université Paris DauphineInformation Systems Engineering (MIAGE), 2005 - 2007
- Université Paris VIIMathematics & Computer Science, 2003 - 2005
- Web Solutions Engineer, Rich Media Creative Innovation, 2011 - presentWorking with the Rich Media Creative Innovation team. Developing Tools, API and Services. Supporting and Reengineering existing systems.
- Red Bee MediaLead/Senior Software Engineer, 2007 - 2011Leading system design and implementation, managing releases to Testing environments, working with Business Analysts to evaluate requirements.
Les propositions de Jean-François Copé pour la transparence de la vie po...
LE SCAN POLITIQUE - L'ancien président de l'UMP souhaite notamment un audit annuel obligatoire pour les finances des partis politiques et un
Garfield by Jim Davis, June 16, 2014 Via @GoComics
One of the many great comics you can read for free at GoComics.com! Follow us for giveaways & giggles.
Google met Hon'inbō Shūsaku, maître de go, à l'honneur, pour le D-Day
Alors que les yeux du monde sont tournés vers la Normandie et ses fameuses plages du Débarquement, le moteur de recherches prend la tendance
Google hastily removes June 6 doodle that didn’t honor D-Day
Google put up a Doodle honoring a Japanese Go player, then course-corrected.
Shaken Not Stirred - The Vodka Martini - The James Bond Dossier
I have been putting off writing about the Vodka Martini, the most prominent of Bond’s drinks and a cocktail that gave birth to the most famo