1. Lin. First of all, even if Davis is healthy he will need to get in shape first - remember the beginning of the last season with the Clippers. When you are winning, don't change and that remains true. Apart from that you are taking away from such a hard worker kid with all his story and background, but above all, it would be stupid, fans would never approve it, period. I prefer to bet on Lin rather than a healthy Davis, which is almost a contradiction in itself. The only one that prevented Davis to be more than he was is himself - and the injuries - but that doesn't seen to be a problem to Lin.
2. I don't think that Melo will struggle too much - unless he is still banged up. Melo learned a bit about ball movement while he was running the offense and Lin is a smart kid, his basketball IQ is well above average - maybe not just basketball IQ -, Lin will be the one to figure it out even before D'Anotni, I think that Lin can make Melo better. Why? How does a guy that barely knows this team, that has little to none professional experience has such a game flow? He not only gets himself going but also gets the other involved, you gotta be smart to compensate all of the odds. For me, fans have been to harsh on Melo - mostly because they expected more of him - but make no mistake, Melo will play better with Lin, he never had a PG that creates space for him, set plays and looks to pass before shoot. Billups was an upgrade in that sense over Iverson but Billups is still a shooter. Lin's points will be down but he will average at least 10 apg with Melo and Stoudemire on the floor because c'mon, 8 apg with Jeffries and Walker? Walker was a missing 3s festival on his own, his assists will go up, for sure.
3. They will make the Playoffs. I don't know about contention, but I have to say that it's plausible but it's too soon to know, before actually see Melo and Stat playing together with Lin and how they mesh, it's hard to tell. I'm sure they are gonna get better, but contention is a whole new level. Defense wins championships and the Knicks still have a lot of work to do, it's not really about individual defense, it's about collective effort and the crucial part is the help defense. Help defense doesn't translate so much on stats but it makes the whole difference and right now, the Knicks help D is one of the worst I've seen, it's a completely mess, guys get lost a lot, switch over too much and always end up with an open man.
4. The Missing Lin. I actually saw it as "link" but I prefer this way. He really is the missing link, he is the guy that can put this team together, make the Knicks get it going.
5. Easily TOP 100. Lately he has been playing like a true All-Star PG, carrying the team, making his teammates better, creating and exploiting lanes, running the offense, a true floor general. He already proved the doubters wrong with his consistency so I would say TOP 50 - maybe better -, I just don't want to be caught in the hype too much, teams are still getting to know him, so far he had done a good job covering his weaknesses, but teams will push him harder, but as I said, he is a smart kid I think he will overcome the adversities.