Here is Alaska's Columbia Glacier as it appeared a quarter century ago (as seen by the Landsat 5 satellite). Click this link to see what it looks like now: http://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/IOTD/view.php?id=77938
222 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 70 previous comments
- Indeed it is myopic, that was the whole point you dimwit! Additionally, if you and the others have moved on to larger issues, why then do the others keep referring to me? I find that in lots of your comments you tend to wish to include a plurality that does not always seem to be there. I don't want a rebuttal, I don't want to get into this debate. You all have fun with this war, I don't give a shit! What I believe is totally meaningless because I tend to rely on fact rather than what my gut tells me.
It seems that there are those in this thread that believe that I take an anti-climate change stance, when in fact, nothing could be further from the truth.
So next time, when you want to call one of my points myopic, and it is that, and I've spent a good deal of time convincing everyone of that. Expect for me to call you a dimwit, for trying to play like some great revelation suddenly came over you, oh wise one, when in fact I've been hammering the point home for some time now.
Now with all due respect that is left, I don't give a crap what you all tend to believe, pro or anti, you all sound like idiots and the comment above tends to sound like the most rational comment on this thread to date (yes, that does include even my own comments.) There is always going to be people who believe and don't believe in any given topic on this planet. All of our pathetic short lives will be better spent just learning to live with that fact.
I find myself reenacting a scene from "Half-Baked". Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, fuck you, I'm outta here.May 17, 2012
- Scorched Earth policy enacted by! No man is an island! (except )
I find that all pure rational thinking in a forum like this never stands a chance. It works fine in a thesis or a speech, but in the wild you have to wrap it in some thorns or people will just steamroller it in ideology.
The general public generally gets their education from television, and television says that there are only two sides to any issue, and if you aren't on my side, then you are on their side. It's really really hard to show average Joe that almost every issue runs the full spectrum of grey.
The climate debate is presented as a black and white issue in all mainstream media outlets, and people attach themselves to either the black or the white side, and whatever point you decide to argue, they will try to make it black or white. They can't help it, as William Sergeant so aptly pointed out in this book: http://goo.gl/eSPil
But don't dispair. Many of us know exactly what you are saying.May 17, 2012
- Hm, maybe shoulda baked a bit longer XDMay 17, 2012
- B Gallager I'll take that bet and up you $5. See you in 2020, right here, on this very thread! ;-)May 17, 2012
- Lots of crickets near you then ... a sign of the end for sure ... just joking... I thought your crickets comment had to with no one taking you up on your bet... are you backing out of your bet?May 17, 2012
- Oh I see... my bad. Sure you wont re-open the bid? I mean .. you were so convincing!May 17, 2012