Voted #1 Place for Sledding!
Mt. Crescent Ski Area is located 15 miles northeast of Omaha, Nebraska in the mountainous terrain of the Iowa Bluffs and has been open every single year since 1961, over 50 years! The famous Olympian gold medalist skier Stein Eriksson helped find the perfect spot for a new ski area in 1961 and thus Mt Crescent was built. Mt Crescent provides Midwest skiers with a variety of slopes to intrigue new skiers and challenge experienced ones. Ski Runs reach up to 2,400 feet in length, that is 7 football fields long! Compared to other ski area in the Midwest Mt Crescent is Larger than 80% or them. If there is no snow in your backyard you can always be guaranteed there is always 100% chance of Snow at Mt Crescent. Swiss style inspired lodge complete with year round sundeck and is home to the Mountain Cafe & Bar. Enjoy hearty, winter fare complemented by your favorite beverage or relax by the outside firepit and roast marshmallows until your next run! Ask about discounted group pricing and menu packages for corporate, schools, youth groups & retreats and about lodge rentals for special events and holiday parties.
- Private and Group Ski & Snowboard lessons.
- Over 100,000 people have learned how to Ski and Snowboard at Mt Crescent Ski Area.
- Ski Runs reach up to 2,400 feet in length, which are 7 football fields long! Wow.
- New snowmaking machines, exact same as those found at Colorado resorts including Vail.
- Mt Crescent Always has a 100% chance of snow and is open December – March
- Sledding Run is 1000 feet in length, which is 3 football fields long! Wow.
- 7000 square foot Swiss style inspired lodge with café.
- Two person and a Four person chairlifts can transport 3,600 skiers per hour up the ski slopes.
- Night Skiing available with lighted ski runs
- Rentals of 1500 pairs of skis, snowboards, boots and helmets are available for rent
- Groups, corporate events, field trips, etc are available
- Mt Crescent Ski Patrol is the only Midwest Ski Area part of the Rocky Mountain Division