Gearing Up for the Holidays
Wow! Christmas is almost here. It’s crazy how fast this year has gone. If you’re like me, you are getting ready for all the guests that will be coming over for Christmas dinner and there’s a lot to do.
Here’s a few tips to help you get started.
1. Cleaning the Bathroom – I know this is something you’ll be doing but don’t forget to clean under the sink and any other extra closets or cubbies that might be in there, you never know who will be looking. Also, keep extra toilet paper out, maybe in an old wooden box or a decorative basket depending on your design style and have enough holiday hand towels that you can change out as needed.
2. Take a walk around the outside of the house and see what can be improved like pruning dormant plants and raking dead leaves. Be especially mindful of the porch area - what decorations can be added that say Happy Holidays and Welcome to your visitors. Clean any windows that are dirty looking.
3. Inside the house look for things like too much clutter, dead plants and areas that can be made to look more festive. Vacuum, dust and clean floors with a professional eye and make sure you have plenty of room in the coat closet and enough hangers for all your guest’s outerwear.
4. Now is also a good time to go through the refrigerator and toss the old and arrange things to fit all the foods you’ll be storing like dips, sauces and left overs.
5. Do you have enough matching dinnerware, stemware and glasses? If not, there are plenty of sales going on and you might be able to pick up a new set for a good deal.
Oh, and don’t forget to keep the kitchen sparkling clean as it always seems to be the place people congregate.#holidaycleaning #housecleaningtips #cleaningtips