The event was first held in August 1975 under the name 'Sail Amsterdam 700' to celebrate the 700th anniversary of Amsterdam. At that time, interest in tall ships, which had sunk to a low since the 1930s when the last commercial tall ships had been built, was starting to rise. The success of Sail Amsterdam 700 led to the establishment of the Stichting Sail Amsterdam (SSA, Foundation Sail Amsterdam). Since then the SSA has been organizing the event every 5 years.
SAIL Amsterdam is believed to be inspired by the Eerste Nederlandse Tentoonstelling op Scheepvaartgebied — literally, “the First Dutch Exhibition in Shipping Technology”, that was organized in the summer of 1913. In addition to the real ships that visited Amsterdam, there were exhibitions that displayed models of modern boats, and paintings and drawings of historic ships. Concerts and rowing competitions were also organized. As with SAIL Amsterdam, the exhibition ended with a large fireworks.
Sail Amsterdam 2015, the ninth edition of the sailing event, will be held on scheduled date of 19 August until 23 August 23, and is expected to be attended by 2 million people. ..."
- Cosmetic Social MediaSocial Media & Marketing for Aesthetic Medicine, 2010 - present
- La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery CentreChief Operating Officer, 2005 - 2010
- Inform SolutionsDirector of Training, 1998 - 2000
- Robinson's Department StoreAsst. Buyer & Dept. Manager, 1989 - 1991
- La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery CentreInternal Marketing Coordinator, 1991 - 1992
- La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery CentreAdministrator, 1992 - 1998
- La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery CentreDirector, Special Projects, 2002 - 2005
Cosmetic Social Media, a division of Monique Ramsey Marketing, Inc. PO BOX 235497 Encinitas, CA 92023-5497
I am the Founder and Social Media Horticulturalist of Cosmetic Social Media, a social media and marketing firm dedicated to serving the niche of aesthetic medicine and businesses related to the medical field.
I am one of the first 37 graduates from Mari Smith’s "Mentor
with Mari" Relationship Marketing and Social Media Certification program in 2009. Having been personally
trained and mentored by internationally acclaimed social media expert
and author Mari Smith, I have gained deep social media knowledge as
well as extensive personal connections in the social media industry.
With over 20 years of experience in plastic surgery, I have a depth of knowledge and experience difficult to find. From my role as Chief Operating Officer in a large, multi-specialty cosmetic surgery and dermatology practice to my duties as Director of Marketing, I understand the intricacies of practice management, patient care, patient relationship management, and effective patient communication.
Other Background Notes:
- Panel Moderator and Speaker on social media topics at Las Vegas Multi-Specialty Foundation meeting 2011, 2012; 2013
- Speaker at American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery (AACS) in Las Vegas, June 2013
- Speaker at American Society of Opthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (ASOPRS) Spring Meeting in Newport, Rhode Island, June 2013.
- Speaker at Congress of Aesthetic Vaginal Surgery (CAVS), September 2012
- Speaker on Marketing in the Digital Age at Medical Internet Marketing Symposium (MIMS) 2011; Panel Speaker on practice management at ASPS 1998
- Interviewed by various publications including AMA, SmartMoney, Dermatology Times, Medical Economics, Administrative Eyecare
- Integral role in the development of Inform&Enhance
practice management software systems (now a subsidiary of Johnson &
- Trained and consulted with cosmetic surgery practices
in the US and Canada
- Contributor to the book Cosmetic Surgery for Dummies, published by Wiley & Sons
- social media strategy, training, and
- medical practice marketing and branding
- patient communications such as e-blasts, skincare promotions,
- aesthetic medicine sales
- patient e-surveys and analysis
- patient communications
- medical writing for the layperson
- desktop publishing
Bachelor of Science in Public Administration from The University of Southern California
- Tiffany & Co.
- Indy car driving (watching and hopefully one day I'll make it into one!)
- Baseball, football, hockey (well, any sport except basketball and golf)
- Desktop publishing
- Digital scrap-booking
- Party planning
- Crafty endeavors
My idea of a perfect vacation is a tropical locale - sun, sand, snorkeling, and relaxing with a tropical beverage in hand.
- University of Southern California1989
- Torrey Pines High School
Lisa Marie Ellingsen | Singer Songwriter from Northampton, MA
Singer Songwriter | Northampton, MA
3 Social Thought Leaders on Where We’re At and Where We’re Headed in Soc...
As we're all unavoidably aware, the social media landscape is constantly changing. This year, we’ve seen the rise of live-streaming, the dec
Post Google-Twitter Launch: How is Google Indexing Twitter Today?
Holistic Internet Marketing Optimization
Should You Be on Snapchat, Ello, or Vine? A Look at Social's Fringe
The latest research and tips on choosing which fringe social networks you might choose to join, including Snapchat, Ello, Vine, Tumblr, and
Chemical Exposure Linked to Billions in Health Care Costs
Chemicals that mimic estrogen and other hormones are costing the EU $175 billion per year in health care, according to new research.
How Top B2B Companies Use Customer Insights to Succeed: Step 3—After the...
Sometimes we marketers spend so much time focused on getting potential customers to convert that we neglect to focus on what happens next. O
10 Thoughts Every Woman Has When She Sees a New Penis
Besides, "It's go time."
11 Ways Christmas Changes When You're An Adult, and the 1 Thing That Wil...
It may happen when you hit 18, or when you move out of the house or when the first grandchild is ...
Exercise? I Thought you Said Extra Fries - Ruffles with Love - Racerback...
Exercise? I Thought you Said Extra Fries - Ruffles with Love - Racerback Tank - Womens Fitness - Workout Clothing - Workout Shirts with Sayi