First, I am a very happy person in general. However, I tend to get wrapped up in the stress of my life. Where it's a little more overpowering than it should be. Kind of like one too many garlic cloves in a recipe, where you lose the flavor of the overall dish.
Instead, I would like to let the stress go where it belongs... Out. Out of my head. Out of my house. Out of my life.
Okay... maybe that last one is a bit over the top.
I know stress will never be fully eliminated, but I hope to have bountiful happiness take its place and pare down the anxiety and stress to just a "dash" in my (ever changing) Recipe of Life.
- Cosmetic Social MediaSocial Media & Marketing for Aesthetic Medicine, 2010 - present
- La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery CentreChief Operating Officer, 2005 - 2010
- Inform SolutionsDirector of Training, 1998 - 2000
- Robinson's Department StoreAsst. Buyer & Dept. Manager, 1989 - 1991
- La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery CentreInternal Marketing Coordinator, 1991 - 1992
- La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery CentreAdministrator, 1992 - 1998
- La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery CentreDirector, Special Projects, 2002 - 2005
Cosmetic Social Media, a division of Monique Ramsey Marketing, Inc. PO BOX 235497 Encinitas, CA 92023-5497
I am the Founder and Social Media Horticulturalist of Cosmetic Social Media, a social media and marketing firm dedicated to serving the niche of aesthetic medicine and businesses related to the medical field.
I am one of the first 37 graduates from Mari Smith’s "Mentor
with Mari" Relationship Marketing and Social Media Certification program in 2009. Having been personally
trained and mentored by internationally acclaimed social media expert
and author Mari Smith, I have gained deep social media knowledge as
well as extensive personal connections in the social media industry.
With over 20 years of experience in plastic surgery, I have a depth of knowledge and experience difficult to find. From my role as Chief Operating Officer in a large, multi-specialty cosmetic surgery and dermatology practice to my duties as Director of Marketing, I understand the intricacies of practice management, patient care, patient relationship management, and effective patient communication.
Other Background Notes:
- Panel Moderator and Speaker on social media topics at Las Vegas Multi-Specialty Foundation meeting 2011, 2012; 2013
- Speaker at American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery (AACS) in Las Vegas, June 2013
- Speaker at American Society of Opthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (ASOPRS) Spring Meeting in Newport, Rhode Island, June 2013.
- Speaker at Congress of Aesthetic Vaginal Surgery (CAVS), September 2012
- Speaker on Marketing in the Digital Age at Medical Internet Marketing Symposium (MIMS) 2011; Panel Speaker on practice management at ASPS 1998
- Interviewed by various publications including AMA, SmartMoney, Dermatology Times, Medical Economics, Administrative Eyecare
- Integral role in the development of Inform&Enhance
practice management software systems (now a subsidiary of Johnson &
- Trained and consulted with cosmetic surgery practices
in the US and Canada
- Contributor to the book Cosmetic Surgery for Dummies, published by Wiley & Sons
- social media strategy, training, and
- medical practice marketing and branding
- patient communications such as e-blasts, skincare promotions,
- aesthetic medicine sales
- patient e-surveys and analysis
- patient communications
- medical writing for the layperson
- desktop publishing
Bachelor of Science in Public Administration from The University of Southern California
- Tiffany & Co.
- Indy car driving (watching and hopefully one day I'll make it into one!)
- Baseball, football, hockey (well, any sport except basketball and golf)
- Desktop publishing
- Digital scrap-booking
- Party planning
- Crafty endeavors
My idea of a perfect vacation is a tropical locale - sun, sand, snorkeling, and relaxing with a tropical beverage in hand.
- University of Southern California1989
- Torrey Pines High School
Who to Meet at #SMMW14 Infographic via @RigniteInc
Get inspired by the top influencers at Social Media Marketing World. Win a GoPro! Entering is as easy as tweeting. See infographic for full
Facebook Page Timeline Redesign: The One Important Change
Facebook has redesigned the page timeline, and there's one very minor change that could make the biggest, positive impact.
Science fair: This is the most accurate science fair project ever
We did them as kids and now it's our kids' turn -- coming up with a science fair project. Well, we think this one wins for accuracy!
MediaPost Publications MasterCard Taps Man/Machine Interaction At SXSW, ...
MasterCard Taps Man/Machine Interaction At SXSW, Uses A Vending Machine - 03/08/2014
Northern California Teacher Asks Will Ferrell to Prom
An East Bay teacher is asking actor and comedian Will Ferrell to be his "date" at his school's upcoming prom.
When Beth Posted These Images on Facebook, 103 People Unfriended Her
Beth took off her clothes and allowed herself to be photographed by her long-time friend and photographer Nadia Mascot for a project they ar
MediaPost Publications Facebook Expands Ad-Targeting Options 02/21/2014
Facebook Expands Ad-Targeting Options - 02/21/2014
Wow. Facebook just did something amazing to crummy meme sites. And what ...
The monster social networking site reworks its algorithm to reward "quality," as defined by ... Facebook
MediaPost Publications Twitter Tests New Interface To Catch Popular Tast...
Twitter Tests New Interface To Catch Popular Tastes - 02/12/2014
MediaPost Publications Flappy Bird Maker Kills App Over Addition Fears 0...
Flappy Bird Maker Kills App Over Addition Fears - 02/12/2014
MediaPost Publications For Luxury Brands, Instagram Blows Pinterest Away...
For Luxury Brands, Instagram Blows Pinterest Away - 02/11/2014
Dial Into Google Hangouts By Phone: This Week in Social Media |
Social media news and new developments making social media marketing easier. (UberConference + Google Hangouts, Path, Tumblr security, Insta
Props to Facebook on "Paper," Plus Pinterest Revenue | Social You Should...
Facebook's New App “Paper” is Brilliant. You'll have to wait until the day after the Super Bowl to get the new Facebook app Paper, but it's
MediaPost Publications You've Got Mail: What Every Marketer Should Know ...
You've Got Mail: What Every Marketer Should Know Before Hitting Send - 01/29/2014
'Am I Beer Commercial-Hot?' Asks Anna Kendrick, Almost-Star of Newcastle...
Newcastle continues its brilliant Super Bowl ambush with a video of Anna Kendrick claiming it hired her for a big game ad but backed out.