Business owners seem consumed about their search rank and the way they appear on Google for a good reason.
If your business is properly optimized when a potential lead or customers searches for your service or product, guess who they find? YOU!
When most people talk about Search Engine Optimization (SEO) or on-page SEO they think it pertains website traffic, but there is oh so much more to consider.
There is another type of optimization known as off page optimization which has to do with how a business appears online and takes several factors into account about how people are searching or engaging.
Think of it this way, a search engine is an entity that is trying to find as much information as it can about a person, brand, business, etc.
So if this is the case it is going to take a lot more into account than just a website.
Here are few of those:
1) Google Maps Listing
2) Google My Business Listing
3) Business Directory Listings
4) Location of The Users Searching
5) Device Usage
6) Past Search Behavior
7) Social Behavior
8) Demographics Of Your Audience
9) Reviews On Google
10) Are You Using Video Marketing (YouTube Videos / Google Hangouts On Air)
11) Are you on Google + (Because Google owns this platform)
12) Do You Have A YouTube Account/Channel (Because Google owns this platform)
13) Is your Following Growing (Meaning the people who visit you via social media and/or website)
14) Are You Engaging With Your Audience?
15) SEM Tools Like Google AdWords
Something further to consider is that search rank is constantly changing. Where you might rank yesterday might not be where you rank next week, Why? Because of the aforementioned reasons above are constantly changing.
Search results are personalized and depending on how a person has their Google settings configured will affect those search results.
For Fun, Let's See Who Google Thinks You Are
Search engines use this demographic data, and related data they glean from other sources, to personalize results as well.
Final thought is that whenever you can optimize videos, photos, keywords, meta data, Anything, that will help distinguish you, Do It!
Do You Know How Are People Searching For Your Business?"
- Osmania UniversityB.Com, 1998 - 2001
- Digital Viral MarketingDigital Marketing Consultant, 2016 - present
- e-Merchant Digital Solutions Pvt LtdSEO-Team Lead, 2009 - 2015http://www.emerchantdigital.com e-Merchant Digital Solutions Pvt Ltd. Address: 6-2-47; Flat # 5B 5th Floor, Yeturu Towers, A.C. Guards, Khairatabad, Hyderabad - 500 004 (A.P) India
- The-Emerchant.comSEO TEAM LEAD, 2009 - 2012http://www.the-emerchant.com
- Oms3.comTraffic Assistant, 2006 - 2007
- Addisonklien.comSEO Associates
Google Search has a ranking algorithm called 'Hummingbird,' adding new m...
At an event in Menlo Park, Tamar Yehoshua, VP of search at Google, demoed some of Google's search features. Yehoshua showed how Google is ab
Google Dance, and other 199 Ranking Factors for SEO
What is a Google dance, is recency an SEO factor, are social signals truly important, are Facebook shares important for SEO? These and more
The Top Five SEO Mistakes According To Google's Matt Cutts
In a recently published Webmaster video, Matt Cutts, Google’s head of search spam, listed off the top five SEO mistakes webmasters make. Mat
Off Page SEO Still Works After Penguin Update? | Bloginginfo Provides Di...
No doubt after penguin update Google gives more priority to SMM than off page SEO, but off page SEO is must for gaining worth of a site (PR,
The Coming Penguin Update: Should You Reevaluate Your Link Building Stra...
A couple weeks back, Google's head of web spam Matt Cutts said that there will be a massive update to Penguin sometime this year, and that h
Google Longtail Infographic: How Google Killed the Long Tail of Search K...
How Google Killed the Longtail of Search. A Look at How Longtail Content Lost Its Edge. Over the years Google has moved to consolidate searc
Google Announces "Megasitelinks," Image Search Improvements &a...
Among several interesting new search tweaks in Google’s latest monthly recap is a project internally called “Megasitelinks,” along with impr