Chicago criminal defense attorney, Michael J. Petro, has earned a reputation for providing high quality, aggressive legal representation in Chicago and around the United States. Michael has earned this reputation by providing his clients with the highest standards of diligence, knowledge and professional advice, and by steadfastly protecting his client's constitutional rights.
Illinois State Charges
- Federal Charges including: Mail Fraud, Wire Fraud, Bank Fraud, Hobb’s Act Extortion, Possession and Delivery of Controlled Substances, Conspiracy and RICO Violations, Bank Robbery, Tax Offenses, Immigration and Unlawful Re-entry, Public Corruption and Embezzlement, Money Laundering, Software and Copyright Piracy, Internet Solicitation, Pornography Possession and Distribution and Supervised Release Violations.
- Possession and Distribution of Controlled Substances, Murder, Robbery, Assault and Battery, Sex Charges, Gun Possession, Theft, Forgery, Domestic Violence, Felonies, Misdemeanors, Violations of Probation, DUI/DWI, Solicitation, Prostitution, Bond and Preliminary Hearings.
Investigations and Grand Jury Subpoenas
- Federal Appeals, Illinois State Appeals, Federal Habeas Corpus and Illinois Post Conviction Cases.
Expunging and Sealing Criminal Records
- Assists clients being investigated by the FBI, DEA, ATF, Homeland Security, US Postal Inspector’s, US Treasury and Secret Service, US Department of Justice, IRS, SEC, US Inspector’s General, Chicago Police Department, Illinois State Police, Illinois Attorney General’s and Numerous Local Illinois Police Agencies. Criminal defense attorney Michael J. Petro has represented numerous individuals subpoenaed by Federal and Illinois Grand Juries.
- Clean your record and start fresh.
- Police misconduct from excessive force to unlawful arrest.
- Removal/Deportation hearings.