Romney has said that after repealing Obamacare, he would do the following:
- Allow individually purchased health insurance to receive the same tax treatment as employer purchased health insurance, so people can take charge of their own health care if they want
- Switch medicaid to block grants to states increasing at only the rate of inflation, which will help curb soaring entitlement spending while also taking maximum advantage of state expertise in their own local situations
- Prohibit health insurers from dropping people for preexisting conditions, thus requiring insurers to fulfill their end of the insurance bargain after accepting premiums
- Permit interstate competition in the health care market, driving down costs and improving service
- Cap malpractice awards to curb costs associated with small numbers of extravagant awards as well as the larger costs of the unnecessary testing that is done only to defend against the potential for such awards
He outlined all these points back in March when he called for the repeal of Obamacare:http://www.mittromney.com/blogs/mitts-view/2012/03/why-id-repeal-obamacare
In general, Romney has provided a lot of information on his site about how he would fix things, for those who are actually interested in finding that information out.