Is 38 straight months of unemployment above 8% the progress President Obama and the Democrats had promised? http://mi.tt/II3jQJ
45 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 112 previous comments
- The problem is that government isn't an adult, it is a servant and we adults are not children.
Government has become an abusive, rebellious servant and the adults have become voluntary children and invalids dependent on an overpaid, incompetent servant.
A hundred years ago when adults faltered there were more adults willing to come to aid of that person. There were countless charities and benevolent organizations. Now we have fewer charities and many have been replaced by nonprofits who hire people to petition government for the bulk of their funding- This is no accident because poeople allowed government the wealth and power to become a clearing house for taxpayer-based cash to the point that much of that budget is borrowed from foreign countries.
This is the wrong policy in any language.May 6, 2012
- that is in part my point. When we behave like children, we look for our parent (the govt) to do what we won't do ourselves.It isn't like a servant, because when we pass that control to the government, we don't get it back.
Frankly, I don't think everything that has been done via the government is bad - even if it weakens us. While I imagine that I am hearty enough to deal with all problems that come my way, I don't doubt that some people will never be up to it, not because they won't, but because they can't. There are countless reasons to be a compassionate people. I only wish we were all more willing to help each other without the government getting involved. It dehumanizes things and turns good intentions on their head.
I think this is not a problem that can be handled in one bite. It must be changed with a great deal of effort, with setbacks and mistakes. In the end it is a direction far more than a final destination.May 7, 2012
- why don't they tell the truth about unemployment. it's a dam sight closer to 21%.May 20, 2012
- Do you really expect any truth from the current regime?May 20, 2012
- nopeMay 21, 2012
- i like your pageMay 30, 2012
Add a comment...