Do you hear "Opportunity Knocking"?
This policy is absurd and is really going to hurt smaller venues. I absolutely believe we should be able to see a diversity of talent at smaller venues - from Canada and from elsewhere.
A good action to take (as opposed to quietly seething) is to encourage the Minister to reconsider the policy by sending him an email.
1) Article: http://o.canada.com/2013/08/28/new-fees-touring-musicians/
2) This fellow makes a number of good points on the issue: http://theconsumption.ca/2013/08/28/an-open-letter-to-jason-kenney/
3) Email: Minister of Employment, Social Development and Multiculturalism, email@example.com CC firstname.lastname@example.org & your MP.
- MaxPlus Response Marketing1999 - present
Social Media Club Vancouver - Founder
Mashable.com Worldwide Social Media Day - Vancouver Organizer
June 30, 2010, 2011, 2012
Social Media Week - Vancouver Advisory Board
Author of 'The Persuasion Masters Reveal Their Secrets" Foreword by Dr. Joe Vitale - as featured in the movie "The Secret".
Creator, Publisher and Marketer of Information Products, Super Affiliate and Joint Venture Partner with the who's who of Internet marketers.
- University of Victoria, British Columbia Institute of Technology