Want to start your spring and summer off on the right foot? A clean house will surely help! Here are a few insightful tips to help you conquer all of your cleaning tasks for the coming months.
1. Work from the top down, inside to outside, to avoid getting what you just cleaned dirty again.
2. Do one room or one area of a room at a time to avoid unfinished jobs. The satisfaction of seeing one room sparkle will make the hard work feel like it's worth the effort.
3. When tidying, reduce trips around the house by temporarily depositing items in one organized area near by. Once you’ve finished cleaning you can find those miscellaneous items a proper place.
4. Efficiency is key, so clean two things at once. While laundry is going, scrub the shower stall.
5. Make small repairs on easy to fix items….If you're not handy, hire someone who is, or better yet, look up a fix-it-yourself video and learn while you clean.
6. Invest in a good pair of rubber gloves to protect your skin and nails from cleaning chemicals.
7. Dust before vacuuming or cleaning the floor. Try an extendable feather or lambswool duster for reaching above window casings, door frames, and corners. Household rags are invaluable for jobs requiring a damp cloth – natural fibers work best.
8. Buy a mop with a squeeze mechanism and a decent-size heavy-duty pail – ones with a measuring scale help get soap-to-water ratios correct.
9. Don't stand your brooms on their bristles. It will destroy their shape and diminish their effectiveness. Instead, get a broom holder or hook at your local home improvement store.
10. Use a Swiffer for light dusting, or your favorite broom or vacuum attachment to clean hardwood floors. Then damp-mop with a mild cleaner such as Murphy Oil Soap to make your floors sparkle and shine.
If you have any other helpful spring cleaning tips & tricks let us know in the comments below!