TRY THIS: CREAMY CHICKEN TIKKA MASALA
Get a doze of the perfect creamy flavor blend of tender chicken tossed in a rich tomato sauce with Indian spices. Are we smacking lips yet?
CHICKEN TIKKA MASALA
Ingredients for the Marinade :__________________________
1. Boneless chicken breasts - 3
2. Yogurt - 180 gms ( 1 big cup)
3. Salt - 3/4 tsp
4. Paprika powder - 1/2 tsp
5. Chili powder - 1 tsp
6. Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
7. Cumin powder - 1 tsp
8. Coriander powder - 1 tsp
9. Chicken tikka masala - 3/4 tsp (optional)
Mix the above mentioned ingredients well and leave to marinate overnight. (I HIGHLY recommend overnight marination and not anything lesser)
1. Broil the chicken in an oven/over the grill for about 20-25 minutes OR until well done on both sides, (Depends on the temperature set for the chicken. I suggest medium to medium high)
2. Dice the broiled chicken into cubes and keep aside.
Ingredients for the GRAVY :_________________________
1. Oil - 1 cup
2 . Onions (finely chopped) - 2 medium
3. Garlic and Ginger (finely chopped) - 1 tsp each
4. Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
5. Salt - 1/2 tsp
6. Coriander powder - 3/4 tsp
7. Red chili powder - 3/4 tsp
8. Garam masala powder - 1/4 tsp
9. Tomatoes - 2 big
10. Pureed Tomatoes (fresh or tinned) - 11/2 cups
11. Heavy cream - 1 cup
12. Coriander/cilantro leaves (chopped) - 1/2 cup
13. Green chilies (chopped) - 1 tsp
1. Heat oil , add cumin seeds and let it splutter for a few seconds.
2. Add ginger, garlic and onion and cook till the onions are translucent.
3. Add salt, red chili powder, turmeric , garam masala powder and coriander powder and cook for 2-3 minutes.
4. Add tomatoes , both fresh and pureed and cook covered on a low flame till the gravy is
5. Add the diced chicken and cook the gravy for 5-8 minutes on medium flame.
6. Finally add the cream and give it a stir and serve garnished with coriander leaves and green chilies.
7. Savor each bite, share with your loved ones and probably enjoy a bomber of a dinner!
For more palate-tickling recipes, hop over to Craft A Doodle Doo: http://onceuponherdream.blogspot.com/
! #cooking #Indian #British #delicious #ChickenTikkaMasala #Tikka