New Years Resolutions for 2014: A new concise development workflow!
So new year, new tools new toys to play with. The last year was pretty hectic and so I did not really follow any current best practices in the dev community. But now I have the time to change this. So here we go with a new stack.
One of the new things to incorporate will be a Task Runner/Build Tool like Grunt.js or Bunch.io. Anyone using both and has a verdict?
What components are set:
1. PHPStorm and Sublime for Editing
2. Vagrant for system independent development environments (chef or puppet? undecided)
3. Git with the gitflow workflow
4. TravisCI or Jenkins for CI (tending towards lighter Travis right now)
5. Bower and Composer for dependency management
1. Adhere to PSR 1 and 2 coding standards
1.5 check with php_codesniffer, phpcpd, php_depend, php mess detector …
2. Document code with phpdocumenter 2
3. Unit testing with phpUnit
4. Mink & Behat
That's it for right now. Let's see how this will all come together over the next weeks.
How is your dev stack looking? What are you using? What works and what does not? Feel free to let me know. #developerstools #php #php5 #devstack