The sad truth is with or without some a sort of federal healthcare in place, we all end up paying for the un- and under-insured. Either through taxes or through higher cost from the providers that gets passed on to the insurance companies that gets passed on to us via higher premiums.
no plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 4 previous comments
- What is being missed is this - the government telling us that we must purchase ANYTHING and then making us pay fines when we don't is completely unconstitutional.
I'm all for public health care... paying for it through taxes is one way (like in Canada).Mar 28, 2012
- I don't mind if they would have from the start created a One Payer system. But please call it that. I likethink this current law is unconstitutional. I would like have done many other things then what they have done. This is right now all a move for more government power over us. And not to help us or others.Mar 28, 2012
- I was just thinking that this taxing us more for this Heath care is really nuts as there is 47% of the folks don't pay any Federal Tax. I as it is, am paying far too much already. So they want more?Mar 28, 2012
- I'd like to get at least something for my money... something other than paying for people in their 20's to stay at home, squirt out kids, play XBOX all day, and fill up garbage bins with empty Natty Ice cans.Mar 28, 2012
- But if you end up paying either way, you are still paying. I agree a mandate is wrong which is way there needs to be an overhaul of medicare/medicaid as well as the ability for people to choose their own insurance.Mar 28, 2012
- And yes the tax code in this country needs a major overhaul too.Mar 28, 2012