LinkedIn co-founder Hoffman sides with eBay in Icahn battle
This weekend I got a jump start on stockpiling firewood for next winter. Three of my trees were recently condemned as "incompatible species" by the hydro electric company. They were sentenced to death due to their size and proximity to high voltage wires.
I opted to cut them down myself to ensure that there would be no collateral damage. If you look closely you can see the young compatible trees that I planted here two years ago in anticipation of this. They are growing very nicely along that bank and I'm proud to say that I brought down those big trees right in between the baby ones without a scratch.
Getting to it now while the pond is still frozen made the job much easier. Having my tractor right there to shuttle the cut wood is infinitely more convenient than doing it later with a row boat.
They put out one ep last year, and now the second ep: and I think this ep, Lolani, is better than anything in the 3rd season of the originals, and it really appeals to old fans like myself, who grew up on this stuff.
The YouTube version: Star Trek Continues E02 "Lolani"
What a fantastic response from a female WestJet pilot when a passenger's sexist note stated that a "cockpit of an airliner is no place for a woman."
Captain Carey Steacy, a pilot of 17 years, had this to say in return “I respectfully disagree with your opinion that the ‘cockpit’ (we now call it the flight deck as no cocks are required) is no place for a lady,” she said. “In fact, there are no places that are not for ladies anymore.”
Way to go Captain Carey; well said!
#westjet #equality #sexism
- c0p3Director, Business Development, 2012 - 2014A small FinTech start up developing software for identifying suspicious stock market trading activity through pattern analysis of historical market data.
- MicrosoftDatacenter Solutions Specialist, 2005 - 2011Solution Sales: IT Infrastructure security, systems management, datacenter virtualization and cloud computing.
- MicrosoftEnterprise Group Security Lead, 2003 - 2005Security architecture: building solutions on the Microsoft platform. Educating customers and partners on security best practices.
- Various niche IT security services companiesInformation Security Architect, 1998 - 2002- Directed the development of a private branded, managed security service including firewall, VPN, IDS, and reporting tools. - Managed and directed both inside and outside sales teams along with being responsible for vendor/channel relationships. - Became one of the very first CISSP certified security professionals in Canada
- Android / Mobility / BYOD
- Technology / Gadgets
- InfoSec / Enterprise Systems Management
- Post-PC Era (yes it's already here)
- Adventure Travel / Canoeing / Backpacking
- B&W Photography
- Cooking / Food / Recipes / Sous Vide
- Home Brewing: Wine & Beer
- Coffee / Espresso
- Wine tasting
- McMaster UniversityB.Sc., 1985 - 1988
- Bishop Ryan High School1980 - 1984
The Loyal Users of Google Plus Say It Is No Ghost Town
Some people who use Google Plus say it is a thriving social network, useful for photography, video chats, in-depth online conversations and
Keurig Will Use DRM In New Coffee Maker To Lock Out Refill Market | Tech...
The single coffee cup craze has been rolling now for several years in both the United States and Canada, with Keurig, Tassimo, and Nespresso
Last-Place Speed Skater Wins Gold Medal After Everyone Else Falls Down
Chaos struck the finals of the women's short...
Watch how this firefighter is doing awesome work with Google Glass
Google's latest addition to its Explorer Story's is this, the tale of firefighter Patrick Jackson from North Carolina. Patrick is also a Goo
The large print giveth and the small print taketh away. Consumers rarely read the small print. That's partly because so much of it is writte
Philip Greenspun's Weblog » Christmas gift for someone you hate: Windows 8
Suppose that you are an expert user of Windows NT/XP/Vista/7, an expert user of an iPad, and an expert user of an Android phone…. you will h