This STOP concept has worked very well for me, over my career. You can get some amazing #sales results with alignment, focus, and collaborative leadership. Rally now and make 2014 a phenomenal year!
In the last posts (Part-I to Part-III) I talked about how attitude a controlling factor in converting competence into developing and demonstrating the performance in an individual. Lets move to next milestone in this journey.
PROFICIENCY: GET THE REPRODUCIBLE RESULTS BY ACQUIRING PROFICIENCY
Now while I was ‘performing’ as a driver, no one had any issues. They knew I could drive on any road. Even though we may be on untraveled roads, my fellow passenger had high level of confidence that I will pull it through. Now I was able to switch vehicles and no matter it was truck or a small electric car, my skills were equally good. It also did not matter I was driving in crowded roads of India or limitless Autobahn in Germany. This stage of reproducing your performance everywhere and in every situation is called proficiency.
- GE CapitalCommercial Training & Development Manager, 2014 - present
- RichardsonDirector, Product Development, 2013 - present
- Insphere Insurance SolutionsDirector, Sales Effectiveness, 2011 - 2012
- McKesson Provider TechnologiesDirector, Training Delivery Services, 2007 - 2010
- NovaStar Mortgage, Inc.Director, Sales Performance Development, 2003 - 2007
- ForceField Performance ServicesManaging Director, 2001 - 2003
- Pfizer Consumer HealthcareManager, Sales Training, 2001 - 2001
- PlanSoft CorporationVarious Training & OD Leadership Roles, 1997 - 2001
- Hyatt Hotels CorporationDirector, Sales Training & Management Development, 1995 - 1997
- Household Finance CorporationNational Sales Training Manager, 1989 - 1995
- TorchmarkDirector, Sales Training, 2010 - 2011
Flower Mound TX 75028
- Analyze sales performance levers & top producer practices.
- Build hiring, sales training, & coaching systems based on those levers & practices.
- Implement systems, processes, & policies to support the buying/selling processes.
- Build the training, tools & resources needed by sales managers to reinforce, sustain, & grow performance.
- Lead and manage change to transform their sales force and improve sales results.
- Achieved a $398MM accretive revenue increase in 1 year.
- Newly-trained sales reps with 120 days on the job outperformed a control group of reps with 5 years with the company.
- Increased sales per rep by 47% in 9 months.
- See page 2 of this document for more examples.
- Needs & gap analysis
- Instructional design
- Training delivery
- Training transfer
- Training evaluation
- Sales analytics
- Sales hiring
- Sales training
- Sales coaching
- Sales performance lever diagnosis & alignment
- Sales management development
- Sales process
- Sales methodology
- Sales enablement
- Sales & marketing alignment
- Sales effectiveness
- Sales operations
- Sales compensation
- Strategic planning
- Organization development
- Employee selection & development assessments
- Leadership development
- Performance management
- Process improvement
- Change management
- I'm very interested in connecting and networking with others involved in sales effectiveness, sales training, sales enablement, sales research and all aspects of sales performance improvement.
- I also have a fondness for connecting, sharing information and networking with other business professionals in training, learning, elearning, OD, HR, recruiting (esp. effective selection and assessments), process improvement, performance improvement and change management.
- I'm very busy, but I always try to help my connections in any ethical way possible. I am a strong believer in "Pay It Forward."
- I especially try to help those seeking employment, if I can.
- I'll always talk to executive recruiters. I may not need you today, but perhaps I can help you or someone I know. I enjoy doing that when I can - what goes around comes around.
- Please contact me if you feel I can lend a hand with my areas of expertise. If I can help you in any way, and have the availability, I will do my best.
- Mansfield University of Pennsylvania
- Phillipsburg High School
- The Richardson Sales Excellence Review™ (current)
- Transforming Sales Results (current)
- ASTD Sales Enablement Blog (current)
- SlideShare (current)
- mindspring.com (current)
- mikekunkle.com (current)
- CallidusCloud SalesPulse Blog (current)
- The Sales Journal Contributor (current)
- Transforming Sales Results (current)
Improve Sales Performance: The Ultimate Guide on Sales Management | Latt...
The new ebook from Lattice and TOPO offers insider tips on improving sales performance through sales management, enablement, hiring and more
The Myth of Learning Styles 'Debunked' ~ Educational Technology and Mobi...
Developments in cognitive science have had some far reaching impacts on learning theories. For instance , Howard Gardner's theory of multipl
How to Distribute High Value Content to Your Customers on Autopilot
Your customers are seeking high value content every day. How they find it and who delivers it is up to you.
Four Key Characteristics of Successful Data Scientists
The (big) data market is not just about technologies and platforms, it's about creating new opportunities and solving problems and data scie
New Slides and Data: The State of Social Business Evolution 2013
The evolution of social business as we know it today traces back to The Cluetrain Manifesto in the late 1990s, where its authors predicted t
Redesigning #sales training – interview with Mike Kunkle | The Virtual P...
Roger Courville's blog on the art of webinars, webcasts, and virtual classrooms
Combine Pipeline Analytics and Sales Methodology Coaching to Move B Play...
In order to move your B players to A players, consider combining sales pipeline analytics with sales methodology coaching.
Corporate Training for Employees: Saving Money or Adding Costs?
Does corporate training prove beneficial for an organization or not?
Is eMail on Life support as a Sales Effectiveness Tool?
Is email on the way out as a sales effectiveness tool for developing new clients and building relationships with existing clients?
Focus Less on Learning Innovation and More on Business Outcomes
To achieve specific business outcomes, learning should take a problem-solving approach with a focus on results, outcomes, behavior change, o