Chicken!? How about beef!? Last I checked, chicken poop doesn't destroy your brain, but cow meat can. Read this:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bovine_spongiform_encephalopathy
and tell me you are not totally
sketched out by eating beef (which is in lots of things... check practically any pepperoni, for instance).
when reading the wikipedia articles, pay particular attention to sentences such as:
"The scientific consensus is that infectious BSE prion material is not destroyed through normal cooking procedures"
"a University College London team suggested that it may take more than 50 years for vCJD to develop"
"In June 2005 Dr. John Clifford, chief veterinary officer for the United States Department of Agriculture animal health inspection service, confirmed a fully domestic case of BSE in Texas. Dr. Clifford would not identify the ranch, calling that "privileged information"."
So, to review:
1) the disease-causiung prions have been found in US cows and the information subsequently covered up or hushed/forgotten
2) Every cow is not tested (in Japan, for instance, EVERY cow is tested)
3) The gestation period in humans is thought to be 50-70 years
4) The disease can be commonly misdiagnosed as Alzheimers (and the causes might even be linked, see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alzheimer's_disease#Cause
5) Beef is widely available and commonly eaten in the US.
All of this leads me to believe that most non-vegetarians currently alive will develop Creutzfeldt–Jakob disease if they live long enough.
Creutzfeldt–Jakob disease is fatal and untreatable.
Therefore, I do not eat beef.
But I do eat chicken.