View 237 previous comments
- Zachary, I completely understand your aggravation. I happen to share it. I do. As I said, I'm not advocating religion. But it isn't going anywhere. Its here to stay. I'm not an atheist but I gave up on organised religion a looooong time ago. At this point they all seem to be more about financial gain and maintaining power through fear of damnation than doing good for people. But that's true of any organisation of that size. Well, maybe not the damnation part but anyway.
With all the problems and intellectual censorship that can happen within religion, I can't honestly say it shouldn't exist. The same thing happens in the scientific community. Look up a man named Chip Arp. He's an astronomer whose observations led him to conclusions that didn't line up with established theories. Nothing having to do with religion, just pure scientific research. He was black balled and cast out of the scientific community and his research buried merely for suggesting an idea. That's just as wrong as what the catholic church did to Galileo.
So it turns out I'm rambling. Here's the thing. I know a lot of people whose faith really does have a positive impact on their lives and those around them. I may not share their beliefs but it's wrong to say those beliefs shouldn't exist.Jun 30, 2012
- What if we take earth, and push it somewhere else!!?Jul 1, 2012
- Sounds to me like your trying to convince me to move there XD but I'm also one one of the idiots who agreed with what inspired this postJul 3, 2012
- I have never been to Canada beforebut if i have a chance, I'll go there some dayJul 12, 2012
- Come for a visit with an open mind and you will want to stay. Canada may not be the best in the world but it does not try to run the rest of the world or print money it can not afford. One hopes China does not foreclose. l f O'BRIENJul 19, 2012
- i love canada,i wish travall there someday and study there for phd. but i do not any money.Nov 16, 2012